Economybookings.com works with a wide range of browsers. However, if you'd like to use many of our latest and greatest features, please upgrade to a modern, fully supported browser.
Find the latest versions of our supported browsers below.
Vienna is the capital of Austria and is probably one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. Austria is the country of diverse climates, and therefore, you must be ready to explore the best regions. Taking a car rental in Vienna is the best way to check the place as there are many nearby locations that you will love to explore. Listed are some tips for booking car rentals for the capital of Austria.
1. Austria is the land of varying climate, and as such, you need to book a car with air conditioning. Vienna has narrow roads, and hence, be careful, if you are taking a large car with you.
2. The traffic rules in Austria are extremely strict, and having a vignette is a must on the motorways. In case, a particular company offering car rental in Vienna doesn’t mention that, make sure that you ask for the same.
3. Parking in the main town areas of Vienna can be a difficulty during day time. There are one ways, which are often difficult to handle. Also, the traffic is heavy most of the tines. Unless you are pro, always look to take a driver with you. A professional cab driver can save a lot of your time, and you can spend more time taking lazy walks around the city.
4. There are speed limits for Austrian motorways that are to be strictly followed. While for highways, you can take a maximum speed of 130km/h, there are residential areas where the speed needs to be around 30km/h. Breaking traffic rules in Vienna can call for fines.
5. If you are coming to Austria for the first time, you must book car rentals in Vienna prior to your arrival. There are many online booking sites where you can find car rentals, and alternatively, you can just look for companies that serve other parts of Europe. Vienna is a popular choice of travelers, and hence, the best European car rental companies operate here.
6. In case, you are travelling on a short budget, you can come to Vienna and then, you can look for car rentals here. There are many small and local car rentals in Vienna that offer exciting packages in some months and weekends. If you are driving the car, ensure that you take car rental insurance as given the narrow roads, accidents and collisions may not be a rare thing for new drivers in the region.