Car rental in TuzlaWhere to pick up
Car rental in Tuzla
Car rental locations in Tuzla
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental in Tuzla: Bosnia’ mountainous region
Better known as an industrial center than as a tourist hot spot, Tuzla is Bosnia and Herzegovina’s third largest city and an excellent base for exploring the mountainous northwestern region of this beautiful country. Make the most of your visit by planning frequent road trips, such as to the nearby and swimmable Lake Bistarac. Book your rental car today!
Late spring and early summer are the most comfortable and beautiful times of the year to visit Tuzla and explore its surrounding countryside.
Bosnia and Herzegovina’s official languages are Bosnian, Serbian, and Croatian, and you’ll encounter road signs in both Cyrillic and Latin alphabets. If you don’t read Cyrillic, it is recommended that you bring a Serbian-English dictionary along to help you navigate, particularly in the Republic of Srpska. A large number of Bosnians also speak English, German, and/or French.
Tuzla is in the Central European Time Zone, UTC+1.
The official currency is the mark, which is more or less pegged to the euro at around 1.95 marks to 1 euro. Most financial transactions in shops or markets still take place in cash, which you can withdraw from ATMs in the majority of Bosnian cities.
Car hire is available in 2 locations throughout Tuzla, Tuzla International Airport (TZL) and downtown.
Passport holders of many countries can enter Bosnia-Herzegovina visa free and stay for up to 90 days within a six-month period, though some restrictions do apply, particularly in terms of multiple entry. Double-check regulations before you book, as some nationalities will have to apply for a visa before arriving.
Driving in Tuzla
Tuzla is fairly easy to navigate by car, and as the city does not yet offer visitors a huge amount of attractions, hiring a car will keep you mobile to explore the city and its surroundings to their fullest. Just be sure to stay off the roads during the morning and evening rush hour to optimize your travel time!
- Traffic drives on the right-hand side of the road throughout continental Europe.
Speed Limits in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- In residential and metropolitan areas, the speed limit is 50 km/h.
- On highways, the speed limit ranges from 80 to 130 km/h, depending on the number of lanes, though multi-lane highways are still quite rare. Don’t be surprised if you spend much of your highway travel at 80 km/h or less!
- If you can’t book a hotel with complementary off-street parking in Tuzla, ask your host or hotel staff for the best tips for parking your rental car securely and efficiently in the city.
- The only toll road in Bosnia and Herzegovina is part of the A1 motorway near Sarajevo. You can pay tolls in marks, euros, or by credit card.
- People with driver’s licenses issued by the European Union require no further documentation to drive in Bosnia and Herzegovina, provided they are at least 18 years old. All other nationalities should carry an international driver’s permit in addition to their domestic licenses.
- You will likely go through police checks if you drive a lot in the country, especially if you drive over the border. Make sure you have your driver’s license and insurance documentation on hand—as well as a written contract for your rental car clearly indicating the dates of your rental. If you’ve extended your rental period beyond the contract dates, you will need documentation to prove this.
Cheap Car Rental in Tuzla
Car hire in Tuzla typically starts at around $15 a day. Here are some of the best deals in Tuzla:
- Renault Twingo or similar (economy class) – $15/day
- Volkswagen Up or similar (mini class) – $21/day
- Fiat 500 or similar (compact class) – $22/day
- Skoda Octavia or similar (intermediate class) – $36/day
- Opel Zafira or similar (standard class) – $45/day
Note that prices vary depending on the availability of each specific car and the season in which you rent. For the most accurate offers, use the search bar above.
Tips for Renting a Car Inexpensively in Tuzla
There is significant seasonal variation in price for rental cars in Tuzla, with prices rising by over $12 a day in the popular summer months. Travelers who are planning to visit Tuzla from June through September will want to book their rental cars well in advance to ensure the best variety and prices. Travelers visiting Tuzla in the off-season, however, may find very cheap rental car options—for as low as $10 a day!—when they book just 2 to 3 weeks in advance of their arrival.
By far the cheapest rental company in Tuzla is Guma X, which is located at the airport and downtown. Keep an eye out for great deals from Economy Bookings and Kapitals Rent-A-Car, however, as these companies can beat Guma X’s prices from time to time.
You can also often save around $5 a day by extending your rental period to over a week!