We place great importance on your privacy and on safeguarding your data. Below, we would like to describe what data we process, when and for what purpose we process this, and on what legal basis we do so, using our internal resources, such as information systems, social networks and websites:
Application: from any kind of iOS or Android smartphone, you can easily and quickly book a vehicle with the EconomyBookings App.
The controller responsible for processing your personal data in accordance with Article 4 (7) GDPR is Booking Group Corporation Ltd., registration number 40103394295, registered office: Ziemeļu street 4, airport “Rīga”, Marupes district, LV-1053.
3. Your Contact for Data Protection
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data or your rights relating to data protection, please contact:
Ziemeļu street 4, Airport “Rīga”, Marupes district, LV-1053, Latvia
Our website, email messages and advertisements may limitedly use "cookies" in order to provide you better services. It allows us to know which parts of the website people have visited and to recognize them when they return to our site. But these "cookies" do not contain the user's personal or credit card information.
These cookies are essential as they enable you to move around the website and use its features (for instance, they allow you to access secure areas of the website). Without these cookies, services you have requested (such as the use of the shopping baskets or access to your orders) could not be provided.
|HSID||Users browser preferences|
|SAPISID||Google Maps & other Google Products|
|SID, SIDCC, SSID
||These cookies set your browser preferences|
These cookies remember the choices that you have made on the website (such as the different searches you have made) and provide enhanced, more personalized features. They may also be used to provide services you have requested (such as receiving push notifications). These cookies cannot tell us how you move around other websites, only this website.
|_OneSignal_session , _cfduid||Required to receive push notifications|
Advertising and Tracking
These cookies are used to deliver advertisements and user experience on the website that is more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
|MUID||Required to receive push notifications|
|MUIDB||Yandex Analytics and Ad serving|
|_ym_uid||Yandex Analytics and Ad serving|
|mda||Yandex Analytics and Ad serving|
|yabs-sid||Yandex Analytics and Ad serving|
|yandexuid||Yandex Analytics and Ad serving|
|_ym_isad||Yandex Analytics and Ad serving|
|_gat||Doubleclick Analytics and Ad serving|
|__ncuid||Doubleclick Analytics and Ad serving|
|__cfduid||Doubleclick Analytics and Ad serving|
|cto_lwid||Criteo Analytics and Ad serving|
|uid||Criteo Analytics and Ad serving|
|_gtm*||Google Tag Manager|
These are cookies that are set only in case of user interactions
5. Information Collected About You
When you make a booking or request a quote you provide us with certain information. We collect or may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- identification data – given name, surname, personal identification number, identification document data;
- contact information – telephone number, e-mail, address, communication language;
- payment information;
- driver's license number and expiration date and emergency contact information;
- vehicle rental information, including the location of where the vehicle is rented, date of rental, type of rental and your preferences;
- information about service use habits, allowing us to perform customer research measures regarding Your behaviour to analyse this information for business development purposes;
- data obtained and/or created observing the measures provided by regulatory enactments;
- communication data collected when you visit our office, e-mail, information and other means of communication, e.g. social media, data obtained when you visit our websites or communication channels. These data are being collected through own website only. Marketing channels only routes the traffic to a website processing data obtained at the website, but not obtaining data on our behalf.
- data related to your services, e.g. fulfilment or non-fulfilment of contracts, performed deals, use of the website, concluded and expired contracts, submitted applications and complaints, service payments;
- data regarding the habits, preferences and satisfaction (like service use activity, used services, personal settings, answers to the questionnaires, customers’ satisfaction, etc.);
- data about participation in games and events arranged by BOOKING GROUP (like obtained points, prizes won within the games or events, etc.).
6. How We Use Information Collected About You
We use the information we collect from you or about you to provide you with our services and for the following purposes:
- to assist the transactions that you request, such as booking and renting motor vehicles. We forward the necessary details to the company that provides your car;
- to carry out our business activities (including for the provision of services, accountancy, invoices, regular customers’ management programs, verification, maintenance and development of the system, communication with you, protection of our interests, customers surveys, market analysis statistics, performance of legal obligations, identity verification);
- to provide you our customer service, for example, to help you make a booking or to reply to any queries you may have before, during or after your booking;
- to create your user account on our platforms with personal settings and preferences. It also makes it easier to make future bookings;
- to communicate with you by phone, email or SMS:
- − responding to, and handling any requests you have made
- − emailing you a reminder about a booking you didn’t finalise, to see if you need our help
- − sending you other material related to your booking, such as how to contact us (or another company) if you need help during your booking
- − sending you a summary of your previous bookings
- − sending you other administrative messages, which may include security alerts, even if you don’t have an upcoming booking
- to assist us in providing better products and services: for example, to evaluate the performance of our staff, to assess the quality of products and services received and to help us improve our websites, facilities and services;
- to compile statistics and analysis about our customers' use of our websites, products and services;
- to train our colleagues and make sure we provide you’re the best service we may record phone calls and/or allow other staff to listen in to them. We automatically delete recordings after a specified time, unless we have a legitimate reason not to (if we think there’s evidence of fraud, for example).
- to develop a profile of you and your interactions with us so that we can provide tailored offers, opportunities and services that may be of interest to you;
- to protect our legal rights;
- to share your information with third parties in order to prevent fraud and protect our business interests and rights, privacy, safety and property, or that of the public. We will do this to collect unpaid bills, to avoid liability for penalties You incur (e.g. traffic citations) and for claims processing purposes.
Where you have given consent, including
- to send you certain promotional or targeted marketing communications, opportunities and services that may be of interest to you.
- to send you text messages in order to provide you with time-sensitive communications related to your transaction (e.g., construction delay at airport branch), extended rental opportunities, customer experience surveys, marketing promotions such as coupons, discounts, last-minute specials or loyalty and rewards information.
These data are being summarized and combined using various systems.
7. Legal Grounding
- for the conclusion and fulfilment of agreement or arrangement of measures upon the request by data subject before the conclusion of agreement (Article 6 (1) lit b GDPR);
- for the fulfilment of legal liabilities of the Controller in accordance with provisions of regulatory enactments (Article 6 (1) lit c GDPR);
- for the observance of our legitimate interests (Article 6 (1) lit f GDPR);
- Data subject consent to the proceeding of his or her personal data (Article 6 (1) lit a GDPR).
8. Profiling, Personalized Offers and Automated Decision-making
We work with two systems allowing communication personalization with our users within the frames of our channels. Automated decision-making does not take place on our websites.
Every time you visit our website, we automatically collect data and information from your device's system and store it in so-called server log files. This data is information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person (here: website visitor). The data is automatically transferred by your browser when you visit our website. This includes the following information:
- Time of accessing our website (request to the host provider's server),
- URL of the website from which you accessed our website,
- The operating system you are using,
- Type and version of the browser you are using,
- IP address of your computer.
The purpose of this processing is to make our website accessible from your device and to enable our website to be displayed correctly on your device or in your browser. The data is also used to optimise the website and to ensure the security of our information technology systems.
The data is used for statistical purposes. The statistical analysis of user behaviour enables us, among other things, to react and optimise our offer as well as to identify security-relevant incidents. Processing for statistical purposes does not result in personal data but aggregated data. These results or the personal data are not used in support of measures or decisions regarding any particular natural person.
10. Retention of Your Personal Information
Personal data will only be processed for as long as necessary. The storage period may be based on a contract, our legitimate interests or the applicable regulatory enactments (for example, laws on accounting, extinctive prescription, civil rights, etc.).
11. Who We Share Your Information With
We will share your information with
- rental car provider - we are required to send your information to the rental car provider you have booked a rental car services with so that the rental car provider knew who you are and when you are going to use car hire services;
- our affiliates (“Affiliates”) for the purpose of providing the transactions you have requested and (with your consent) for marketing purposes;
- government authorities;
- our service providers and business partners . We will share your information with third parties, such as:
- payment, administrative and technical support providers or our insurance replacement, corporate rental or other customers or partners to facilitate the rental transaction and rewards programs,
- companies who conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys on our behalf,
- communication providers which send email and other marketing and service-related communications to you on our behalf,
- customer support providers, such as the provider of our live chat feature, in order to provide you customer service,
- debt collection providers and claims processors,
- analytics and technology providers for location-based services and to analyze, enhance and manage our data in order to provide, maintain, and improve our services,
- our advertising and marketing partners and third-party media properties, including social media sites, with whom we share aggregated or de-identified information about our customers, to allow them to send targeted advertising messages on our behalf (subject to confidentiality agreements as appropriate).
12. App on Your mobile devices
BOOKING GROUP offers free apps for a range of mobile devices, as well as versions of our regular website that have been optimised for mobile and tablet browsing. They collect and process your personal data in much the same way as our other platforms do, and they also allow you to find local rental cars based on your current location.
If you agree to it, we can send ‘push’ notifications straight to your mobile device, so you don’t miss important information about your booking. And, if you let us access your device’s location or contact details, we can provide extra services if you request them. Your mobile device will have instructions on allowing push notifications and giving us access to this kind of data.
To give you a better service and more relevant marketing, we may use something known as ‘cross-device tracking’. This just means we look at the way you use our platforms on more than one device: we could, for example, combine data from multiple devices.
To make sure you find deals that are more likely to interest you in our newsletter, we look at the searches you make and the services you book on multiple devices once you’ve signed in to your user account. If you don’t want us to do this, just sign out before you browse, or unsubscribe from our newsletter.
Cross-device tracking can also mean that when you’re using one device, you may see personalised advertisements from lots of different companies, based on your activities on linked devices. The NAI (Network Advertising Initiative) should stop this happening if you opt out of the NAI behavioural advertising program (our Cookie Statement gives you the link you need, under “It's your choice: Opting in and opting out”). Please note: simply signing out of your user account won’t stop this happening.
13. Global Data Transfers and Processing
The information you provide us or that we collect may be transferred or accessed by entities around the world. These activities can include dealings with the rental car provider at the location where you rent a car, outsourcing of services to external providers located outside the EU and/or processing the data outside the EU (e.g. cloud computing, web-services, call centre support, claims processors), or when arranging staff work trips to non-EU countries.
According to the GDPR, such transfers are allowed when:
- the country’s protections are deemed adequate by the EU; or
- we take the necessary measures to provide appropriate safeguards, such as by including specific European Commission-approved standard contractual clauses, EU-U.S Privacy Shield or Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
- we rely on specific grounds for the transfer (called ‘derogations’) such as the consent of the individual.
We shall only transfer personal data to recipients offering an adequate level of data protection. In these situations, as may be required, we make contractual arrangements to ensure that your personal data is still protected in line with European standards.
14. Rights of the Data Subject
You have the following rights:
- Right of access (Article15 GDPR)
- Right to rectification (Article 16 GDPR)
- Right to object (Article 21 GDPR)
- Right to erasure (Article 17 GDPR)
- Right to restriction of processing (Article (18) lit f GDPR)
- Right to data portability (Article 20 GDPR)
For enquiries of this kind, please contact email@example.com. Please note that we must ensure that such requests are actually from the person concerned. Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority – Data State Inspectorate.
Withdrawal of consent
You can easily withdraw any consent given at any time with effect for the future, without affecting the lawfulness of any processing which took place before the consent was withdrawn. Just click the “unsubscribe” link in any email or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. Data Security
We secure our website and other systems through technical and organisational measures against loss, destruction, access, modification or distribution of your data by unauthorised persons. However, despite regular checks, complete protection against all risks is not possible.