Car Hire in EgyptLocalità di ritiro
Car Hire in Egypt
Le città più popolari Noleggio Auto Egypt
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental in Egypt: the land of ancient treasures and tourist destinations
Egypt is the original tourist destination, featuring many of the world’s most ancient treasures and drawing visitors to the incredible pyramids, sculptures and castles since the period of the ancient Greeks. Make the most of your visit to this culturally rich country by booking your rental car today.
December and January are the peak tourist seasons in Egypt, when the pyramids and temples are uncomfortably crowded. The country is very comfortable to visit from October to April.
Arabic is the official language of Egypt, though English is widely spoken at tourist sites, and many Egyptians speak a wide range of the world’s languages, at least at the basic level. Road signs are typically in both Arabic and Latin alphabets, though basic reading knowledge of Arabic will be a huge help to you on any longer road trips!
Egypt is located in the Eastern European Time Zone, UTC+2.
The currency is the Egyptian pound. Your best option for acquiring Egyptian pounds is taking advantage of the ATMs in major cities - unless of course you have a good head for calculations and are willing to haggle with any of the local currency exchange shops.
Don’t underestimate distances in Egypt and always be sure to carry excessive amounts of drinking water for any intercity travel! Cairo and its pyramids at Giza are located about 220 km (136 mi) south of Alexandria; Luxor is located an astonishing 650 km (404 mi) south of Cairo along the Nile wetlands.
Rental cars are available in the major cities of Egypt, such as Alexandria and Cairo, as well as at many popular tourist destinations, such as Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Luxor, Ismailia, and Marsa Alam.
Most Arab nationalities require no visa to visit Egypt, and many others, including Europeans, can simply purchase a visa upon arrival. Double check regulations before you leave, as some nationalities must apply for a visa before they depart for Egypt.
Driving in Egypt
Drive defensively in Egypt, and be alert for quickly changing road conditions and the erratic behavior of other users of road- and highways. If you’re planning on visiting any cities during your visit - which is recommended - book a hotel with complementary parking and rely on public transportation or taxis for the bulk of your metropolitan explorations in order to avoid undue headaches. As gas is heavily subsidized, self-driving Egypt remains a convenient and inexpensive way to make the most of your visit!
- Traffic proceeds on the right-hand side of the road throughout Egypt.
- In cities and towns: 50 km/h (31 mph)
- On motorways and rural roads: 90 km/h (55 mph)
- On the highway between Alexandria and Cairo: 100 km/h (62 mph)
- Parking throughout Egypt is fairly unregulated; many locals leave their parking breaks off to allow newcomers to push cars into the most convenient position.
- You must have an international driver’s permit in addition to your valid domestic driver’s license in order to rent and driver throughout Egypt.
- Egyptian drivers have to be at least 18 years old to be licensed, though you will likely have to be at least 25 years old to rent a car in Egypt. Some companies may allow you to rent between the ages of 20 and 25, though you will likely pay a surcharge to do so.
- Consider hiring a driver, particularly for visits into the desert or even for a drive to Cairo.
- For any travel across the Sinai, have all of your documents on hand, including your rental contract, in preparation for frequent security checkpoints.
- If you’re stopped by the police and are asked to pay an on the spot fine, ensure that you receive a written receipt in English.
Cheap Car Rental in Egypt
Automobile hire in Egypt typically starts at around $30 a day, though prices can double if you hire a car at short notice or in more remote cities. Here are some of the best deals in Egypt:
- Renault Logan or similar (economy class) – $20/day
- Nissan Sunny or similar (compact class) – $21/day
- Kia Cerato or similar (intermediate class) – $29/day
- Mitsubishi Lancer or similar (compact class) – $32/day
- Kia Picanto or similar (economy class) – $39/day
Note that prices vary depending on the availability of each specific car and the season in which you rent. For the most accurate offers, use the search bar above.
Tips for Renting a Car Inexpensively in Egypt
Planning ahead can sometimes save you more than $23 a day when you book a car in Egypt. Book your car one to two months before you arrive in order to get the best prices.
Winter months, such as January and February, are typically significantly cheaper for travel by rental car in Egypt. You can also often save around $10 a day by extending you rental car period!
The cheapest prices are typically available in Alexandria, at the Cairo International Airport, and the Hurghada Airport, where budget rental companies Europcar and Keddy by Europcar offer the most inexpensive rental options.