Car rental in Slavonski BrodWhere to pick up
Car rental in Slavonski Brod
Car rental locations in Slavonski Brod
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental in Slavonski Brod: driving Croatia’s historic city
Slavonski Brod is a city on the Croatian border to Bosnia and Herzegovina and is the location of the architecturally and historically interesting Brod Fortress. It is a popular place to visit in the summer months when the town becomes much more populated. If you’re planning on visiting in the off-season, note that many attractions may not be open. Slavonski Brod is an excellent stop on your Croatian road trip. Make the most of your visit by hiring a car. Book yours today!
Slavonski Brod is pleasant to visit in the spring and summer, when the weather is warm and the city is coming alive with cultural activities.
Croatian, a Slavic language similar to Serbian and Bosnian, is the most commonly spoken language of the city. Although Croatians working in the tourist business will speak good English, you’re more likely to find that German, Italian, and Russian are more widely spoken as second languages.
Slavonski Brod is in the Central European Time Zone, UTC+1.
The currency throughout Croatia is the kuna (denoted as kn or HRK). While some shops will accept euros and/or major credit cards, it’s a good idea to have kuna on hand for any financial transactions throughout the country. ATMs are readily available in every city.
Car hire is available in downtown Slavonski Brod.
For longer road trips from Slavonski Brod, consider driving to the beautiful nearby city of Osijek, located just 94 kilometers to the northeast. On your way to Osijek, stop in Đakovo for a brief walking tour, particularly to the cathedral, which is one of the most beautiful pieces of religious architecture in Croatia. Đakovo is located just 52 kilometers northeast of Slavonski Brod. The Kopački Rit nature park is a great addition to this road trip, located just behind Osijek along the Serbian border 112 kilometers away from Slavonksi Brod. Nature lovers may also want to drive west from the city for a beautiful drive to Papuk, a stunning nature park.
Croatia has not yet signed the Schengen Agreement, though its visa regulations are similar. Citizens of countries that belong to the European Union and/or the European Free Trade Area can typically enter Croatia with only a valid ID card. All other nationalities will require a passport to enter. Double-check entry requirements for your nationality, as some nationalities may have to apply for a visa before they arrive. Visa application fees are $35.
Driving in Slavonski Brod
Slavonksi Brod is a fairly peaceful city to visit and you may find that after you’ve explored the Fort, the most exciting destinations lie in the city’s surroundings. Make the most of your visit by hiring a car, which is truly the most comfortable and convenient way to explore beautiful Croatia.
- Traffic drives on the right-hand side of the road throughout continental Europe.
- In the city: 50 km/h
- On rural roads: 90 km/h
- On expressways: 110 km/h
- On freeways: 130 km/h
- Slavonski Brod is a popular destination during religious and state holidays, so if you are travelling around these times, expect traffic conditions to worsen.
- Parking is regulated by time and fee throughout Slavonski Brod. Ask your hotel staff or accommodation hosts for the best tips for safely and efficiently parking your car during your stay in the city.
- An international driver’s permit is recommended for driving in Croatia, particularly for any interactions with the police. Make sure you also have your valid driver’s license with you at all times.
- The major freeways in Croatia are tolled. Fees are payable at tollbooths by cash or electronic toll collection. Ask your rental car company if your car has been outfitted with an electronic transponder.
- The minimum driving age in Croatia is 18 and most rental companies will rent cars to drivers this young, though you are likely to face young-driver surcharges until the age of 25.
Cheap Car Rental in Slavonski Brod
Prices for car hire in Slavonski Brod can vary throughout the year. Here are some of the best deals in Slavonski Brod:
- Chevrolet Spark or similar (mini class) – $6/day
- Opel Corsa or similar (economy class) – $7/day
- Volkswagen Golf or similar (compact class) – $10/day
- Skoda Octavia or similar (intermediate class) – $14/day
- Opel Zafira or similar (standard class) – $21/day
Note that prices vary depending on the availability of each specific car and the season in which you rent. For the most accurate offers, use the search bar above.
Tips for Renting a Car Inexpensively in Slavonski Brod
There is typically some variation for rental car prices in Croatia, with prices rising significantly in the popular summer months. Keep an eye out for discounts in Slavonski Brod that help keep rental car prices low. It’s also worth your time to consider lengthening or shortening your rental car period, as prices can drop substantially when you extend your rental period to over a week.