Car Hire in LyonМесто получения
Car Hire in Lyon
Пункты проката в Lyon
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental in Lyon
Lyon is a great base from which to drive through the mountainous region of France, after dining on some of the best food the country has to offer. However, with a metropolitan area second only to Paris in terms of size and diversity, a rental car is the best mode of travel in the Lyon area only on the days on which you plan to leave the city. Here is a brief guide to finding the cheapest car hire in Lyon.
- When you pick up your Lyon car hire, remember that traffic drives on the right-hand side of the road.
Get the Best Deal on Auto Rentals at EconomyBookings.com
Rental cars in Lyon are available in over 20 locations throughout the city. Car hire in Lyon starts as low as €20 a day, though depending on when you plan on visiting the city, a typical daily rental car price for an economy car can be €40 a day.
Tips for Cheap Car Hire in Lyon
The price of car hire in Lyon fluctuates significantly, depending on the season in which you rent and how far in advance you book your rental car. Some of the cheapest locations in which to rent your car in Lyon include the Lyon-Saint-Exupéry Airport (LYS), on Rue de l’Universitate, and in Lyon East. However, particularly if you are booking your car last minute, it is worth your time to check the prices of rental cars at other locations throughout the city, as Europcar in particular often offers unbeatable last-minute rental car deals.
InterRent is among the cheapest car hire companies in Lyon and is primarily located at the airport. Book your rental car from InterRent one week to four months in advance of your arrival in order to ensure you receive the best prices.
Keep an eye out for car rental discounts in Lyon of 15% and more that drive the price of car hire even lower on EconomyBookings.com.
Last minute deals are also often available in numerous car hire locations throughout Lyon that offer economy cars for under €20 a day, though, of course, these deals are dependent on availability. Still, you may find that the best way to get the cheapest auto hire prices in Lyon is by booking your car just one week before you arrive!
Driving Your Rental Car in Lyon
Speed limits in Lyon:
- The speed limit throughout the city of Lyon is 30 to 50 km/h.
- The speed limit on the majority of motorways in the Lyon area is 130 km/h, though some intersections and busy stretches of road have speed limits of 90 to 110 km/h.
- The speed limit on numerous rural roads is likely in the process of being lowered to 80 km/h in a number of regions throughout France, so even if you are familiar with the roadways in and around Lyon, keep an eye out for new speed limits.
Parking in Lyon:
- Parking can be difficult and expensive in central Lyon, as the city is quite full and accommodates public transportation and pedestrians far more than it does drivers of passenger cars. Take advantage of the park and ride parking lots that ring the outskirts of the city in order to avoid the stress of driving and parking in the city center.
- Street parking in central Lyon typically costs €2 an hour, when you can find it. The maximum stay is 1.5 hours.
- There are numerous car parks throughout the city center. The price typically ranges from €1.65 to €2 an hour, depending on how close to city center you park.
Tolled motorways near Lyon:
- The majority of the motorways that serve Lyon are tolled, including the A6, A7, A43, and A89.
- Tolls are typically calculated by the number of kilometres you’ve travelled along a motorway. You will take a ticket when you enter the motorway and pay the calculated toll at a corresponding tollbooth when you exit. You can pay via cash, credit card, or télépéage, France’s electronic transponder. Ask your rental car company if your car has been outfitted with a télépéage in order to ease your travel through toll plazas.
Some Great Road Trip Destinations from Lyon
It would be a shame to hire a car in Lyon and not take some time to explore the nearby mountains and foothills. For instance, spend a day (or more) driving out to:
- Pérouges: Located just 40 kilometres northwest of Lyon, this medieval town offers visitors a glimpse into French architectural past and provides a nice view of the big city.
- Sainte-Croix-en-Jarez: This village has been voted one of France’s most beautiful villages and is an excellent access point to Parc Naturel Régional du Pilat, located 47 kilometres south of Lyon.