Car rental in BeciciWhere to pick up
Car rental in Becici
Car rental locations in Becici
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental in Bečići: beautiful Adriatic Coast resort
Bečići Beach has long been considered one of the most beautiful beaches in Europe, and the resort located there is an excellent base for adventuring along the Adriatic Coast. While you should definitely spend some time relaxing on the beach, make plans to drive along the coastline and into central Montenegro as well. The landscapes are well worth thorough exploration! Make the most of your visit by booking your rental car today.
June and July are some of the most beautiful months to visit Bečići and the nearby town of Budva, but everyone else knows this as well, so you can expect prices to rise and restaurants and beaches to be crowded during these months. The weather is typically sunny and warm from April through September.
Montenegrin is the official language of the country, a language that is quite similar to Serbian, Croatian, and Bosnian. English, Russian, German, and Italian are the most commonly spoken second languages of Montenegrins, though the frequency of these speakers depends on the region. English is most likely spoken along the coast. Road signs are likely to be in the Latin alphabet.
Bečići is in the Central European Time Zone, UTC+1.
The currency is the euro. ATMs are now quite frequent throughout the country, particularly in major cities. While restaurants and large shops will accept credit cards, you’ll want to have cash on hand for all other exchanges.
Car hire is available via delivery into the city limits of Bečići.
The Bay of Kotor is well worth visiting during your stay in Bečići, but make a point to head north into central Montenegro as well! Exploring the Piva River and Tara River canyon is highly recommended. Make a point to stop in villages along the way. Durmitor National Park is without doubt one of the most beautiful destinations in Montenegro and is well worth the 200 km drive north from Bečići in your rental car. For a shorter day trip, take a drive to Lake Skadar National Park, just 40 kilometers east of Bečići.
Citizens from over 60 different nations can visit Montenegro visa-free for up to 90 days. Travellers with valid Schengen and US visas are also permitted to enter for up to 7 days without a visa. It is a good idea to check visa regulations for your nationality before you plan to travel.
Driving in Bečići
The streets are narrow and crowded in and around the Bečići beach and resort area, and parking is quite difficult to find. Make the most of your self-drive tour of Montenegro by renting your car only on the days you plan to leave the beachside.
- Traffic drives on the right-hand side of the road throughout continental Europe.
- Highways: 80 km/h
- In cities and towns: 50 km/h
- Because highways are narrow, roads can get crowded during busy times of the day or year. Don’t be tempted to pass as haphazardly as the locals do!
- Particularly in cities, keep an eye out for frequent jaywalking.
- Parking is quite limited in Bečići, so double-check that your hotel offers complementary off-street parking before you rent your car for the length of your stay. Hiring a car only for the days you plan to drive is highly recommended.
- While an international driver’s permit is not legally necessary in Montenegro, most rental car agencies will require that you have one in addition to your valid domestic driver’s license in order to rent a car.
- Headlights and seat belts are obligatory at all times.
- At the time of writing, there were no toll roads in Montenegro.
- The minimum driving age in Montenegro is 18, and while some car rental agencies will rent to drivers this young, one or two years of driving experience is required. Drivers under the age of 25 are also likely to face surcharges.
Cheap Car Rental in Bečići
Car hire in Bečići typically starts at around $20 a day. Here are some of the best deals in Bečići:
- Toyota Aygo or similar (economy class) – $22/day
- Hyundai I30 or similar (compact class) – $29/day
- Toyota Prius or similar (intermediate class) – $49/day
- Opel Insignia or similar (standard class) – $54/day
- Hyundai Tucson or similar (fullsize class) – $62/day
Note that prices vary depending on the availability of each specific car and the season in which you rent. For the most accurate offers, use the search bar above.
Tips for Renting a Car Inexpensively in Bečići
There is little seasonal variation in price for rental cars in Bečići, where rental is available via delivery within city limits. Travel Service has the most consistent car availability, and you can save money on your rental car by booking at least 1 month in advance of your arrival. For the most variety in cars for hire, book no more than 1 to 2 months in advance of your arrival. You can also typically save between $1 and $5 a day by extending your rental period to over a week.