Car Hire in FuerteventuraWhere to pick up
Car Hire in Fuerteventura
Car rental locations in Fuerteventura
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental in Fuerteventura
Fuerteventura is an excellent destination for travellers who need to experience some sun, but don’t want to pay the typically high prices of other locations in the Canary Islands. Located just 11 km south of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura is the larger of the two islands, and features gorgeous beaches paired with the wine region of the 700-meter tall volcanic mountains. Car rental in Fuerteventura is truly the best way to see each of the island’s diverse faces, particularly as the roads are well kept. Here are some tips for finding cheap car hire in Fuerteventura.
Right-Hand Driving in Fuerteventura
- When you hire your car in Fuerteventura, remember that traffic drives on the right-hand side of the road.
Driver’s License Requirements for Car Hire in Fuerteventura
As in the rest of Spain, you are permitted to drive a car as long as you at least 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license. However, if you are younger than 25, you may face some restrictions or extra fees when you try to rent a car in Fuerteventura. Note that if your driver’s license has not been issued in Spanish, you should carry a notarized translation or an international driver’s permit with you.
Get the Best Deal on Auto Rentals at EconomyBookings.com
Rental cars are available in over 15 locations throughout Fuerteventura. While most rental cars in Fuerteventura start around €30 a day, it is also possible to find car hire in Fuerteventura at the incredible low price of €9 a day as well!
Tips for Cheap Car Hire in Fuerteventura
- The location on Fuerteventura that offers the cheapest auto hire by far is the Fuerteventura Airport (FUE). If you are flying onto the island, consider taking a car with you to your accommodation immediately—you’ll likely save between €10 and €20 a day than if you book your car elsewhere!
- If you’re planning on travelling to Fuerteventura during the busy winter season, plan to book your rental car at least one month in advance in order to secure economy car hire prices.
How to Find Economy Car Hire in Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
- Castillo Caleta de Fuste is located conveniently close to the Fuerteventura Airport—just 7 kilometres to the south. Instead of paying the fees for a taxi to your accommodations in Caleta de Fuste, consider booking your rental car directly from the airport itself.
- If you prefer not to book your rental car in Fuerteventura from the airport, you can also typically find some fairly good deals in Costa de Antigua, the town that neighbours Caleta de Fuste, just 2 kilometres away. Economy car rentals in Costa de Antigua are primarily available from Thrifty Car Rental, and they typically cost around €30 a day.
Tips for Finding the Cheapest Car Hire in Corralejo, Fuerteventura
- There are numerous rental car locations in and around Corralejo, the windy but beautiful city in northernmost Fuerteventura. The cheapest auto hire locations in northern Fuerteventura are directly in Corralejo itself, downtown and at the Corralejo Port.
- Thrifty and Cicar Canary Islands Cars can typically offer the cheapest auto hire in northern Fuerteventura, with economy rental car rates ranging from €25 to €35 a day.
Key Things to Remember After Your Pick Up Your Rental Car in Fuerteventura
- On the majority of Fuerteventura’s rural highways, the speed limit is 90 km/h. In the majority of towns and villages, the speed limit is 50 km/h, though it can sink to as low as 30 km/h.
- Parking in Fuerteventura:
- Street parking is fairly easy to find on the island, making car hire in Fuerteventura even more convenient. Just remember that it is not permitted to park in areas that are marked yellow. If a parking spot is marked blue, you will be required to buy a parking ticket at a nearby machine and display it in your window. It is prudent to have coins on hand to pay the parking machines.
- Because Lanzarote is just a quick ferry ride away from Fuerteventura, you may be interested in visiting it as well. However, before you drive your rental car onto the car ferry, check with your car hire agency: you may have to pay exorbitant fees to take your car hire off the island.
Important Facts about Fuerteventura:
- Language: Spanish is the official language of Fuerteventura, but as tourism is the island’s major industry, British and German are also widely understood and spoken.
- Currency: As in the rest of Spain, the currency in Fuerteventura is the euro. While most major restaurants and other stores will accept major credit cards, you will want to take advantage of frequent ATMs to have cash on hand for independent shops and restaurants, as well as parking meters.
- Fuerteventura is located in the Western European Time Zone, UTC+0.