Car Hire in CardiffWhere to pick up
Car Hire in Cardiff
Car rental locations in Cardiff
Why use EconomyBookings.com
When you are looking for a quality but cheap car rental in Cardiff, there are plenty of great options to choose from. There are autos of all sizes to suit everyone, from single drivers to large families, and you will find many style options as well. Great rental cars aren't the only things that you will find in many shapes and sizes, either. A visit to Cardiff will reveal many activities and sightseeing opportunities to keep your interest piqued.
Whether you are interested in historical sites like the famed Cardiff Castle, or you would like to see a large number of impressive works from the past at St Fagan's National Museum, Cardiff has you covered.
There are also many fantastic city-walks when it comes time to park the rental car for a bit. Bute Park is Cardiff's urban forest and it provides a good deal of calm right in the city centre. Cardiff Bay is also a great place for walks when you wish to enjoy the views. You will also find many good shopping centres, adventure sports (like white water rafting and mountain biking), concerts, shows, and much more.
Once you’ve had your fill of the city itself, there’s plenty to see outside of Cardiff, and that’s where having a rental car really comes in handy. Tintern Abbey, for example, is a must-see. About a 45 minute drive from Cardiff, Tintern Abbey sits on the bank of the River Wye and it is one of the oldest and best preserved abbeys in Wales.
About an hour‘s drive from Cardiff is another must-see; Dan-yr-Ogof, which is a cave system that stretches for 15km, making it one of the largest in Europe. Within the caves you’ll find incredible waterfalls, underground lakes and stunning stalagmites and stalactites that date back millions of years.
Traffic Regulations in Cardiff
When driving through Cardiff, it is important to know the rules of the road. Here are a few of the important rules and regulations that are associated with driving in Wales.
- Seatbelts are a must for the driver and all passengers.
- Using mobile phones while driving is not allowed. Hands-free devices may be used but only if they do not impede or distract the driver in any way.
- The speed limits in Wales range quite considerably, depending on the type of road. Roads in towns and built-up areas have a limit of 50 km/h, rural roads have a speed limit of 95 km/h, and major motorways have a limit of 110 km/h. Depending on conditions and special circumstances, speed limits can vary, so it is a good idea to keep an eye out for signage.
- Foreign drivers may drive in the UK with their own licenses for different amounts of time depending on where their licenses were issued. EU drivers can drive in the UK for up to three years. Non-EU drivers can drive in the UK for up to one year.
How to Get the Best Deal Possible
There are many ways to get an affordable rate for your car rental in Cardiff and there is absolutely no need to pay the highest prices to get the best products and services.
Choosing to travel in off-peak times will almost always result in lower rental rates. Avoiding peak season in Cardiff will not only get you a better rental car selection, but will also allow you to get the same cars and services for less money.
Also consider the length of your rental. Renting for 5 days or more will get you the best rates available at any time of year, while renting for 1 to 3 days will result in the highest prices.
Another factor that drives down car rental prices in Cardiff is renting in advance. The earlier you can book your rental car, the cheaper it will be. Usually, when you rent a car up to 3 months early, you can find discounts up to 30%.
Don’t Forget To Ask For These Useful Extras
When you hire a car in Cardiff, there are several add-ons that you can ask for to make your experience both nicer and more convenient.
- GPS units are common add-ons which serve as perfect guides on unknown roads and highways.
- Satellite radio systems, such as Sirius XM, can be included in any rental.
- Many newer cars feature internet capability and can provide a Wi-Fi connection.
- Local permits for parking, national parks, tolls, etc.
- Upgraded security and insurance packages that provide protection beyond the standard offers.