Car Rental in BurbankWhere to pick up
Car Rental in Burbank
Car rental locations in Burbank
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental in Burbank, CA: Driving in the “Media Capital of the World”
It simply makes sense to rent a car in Burbank, one of the cities that lends stardom to the greater Los Angeles area as the home to Warner Brothers, Disney, Cartoon Network, and Nickelodeon. The streets are made for car traffic in Burbank, with wide roads and frequent free parking opportunities. Make the most of your visit to the greater Los Angeles area by staying mobile and independent in a Burbank rental car. Here is a brief guide to finding the cheapest rental cars in Burbank.
Get the Best Deal on Burbank Car Rental at EconomyBookings.com
Burbank rental cars are available in two locations throughout the city, at the Burbank Airport and in downtown Burbank. Burbank car hire typically starts at around $39 a day for short-term rentals. This price drops to around $24 a day when you extend your rental-car contract to ten days or more!
Tips for Finding Cheap Car Rental in Burbank
You can find the cheapest rental cars in Burbank by booking from the Burbank Airport. Known as both the Hollywood Burbank Airport and the Bob Hope Airport, the Burbank Airport is conveniently located just 5 miles from downtown Burbank and from the Warner Brother’s Studio alike. Rental car agencies at the Burbank Airport offer some of the best deals on rental cars in the wider Los Angeles region, often even beating the daily rates offered by rental car companies at the Los Angeles International Airport.
Unless you are planning on visiting Burbank during the busiest months of the year, particularly July, you can get great deals on rental cars by booking any time of the year, including last minute. If it is necessary for you to travel to Burbank during the busiest seasons, it is recommended that you book your car well in advance in order to ensure that your preferred class of rental car is still available in Burbank.
Particularly because Southern California is simply built for car traffic, consider booking your rental car for the entire length of your stay in the area. Burbank is a very easy city to navigate via rental car, particularly because you can also often find free parking.
Key Things to Remember: Driving Your Rental Car in Burbank
Rush hour in Burbank:
- Particularly because so many people drive to and from Los Angeles and Burbank, rush hour can get very bad between these two cities. You will want to avoid driving to or from Los Angeles and Burbank during the morning hours (around 7 to 9 am) and the late-afternoon and evening hours (between 4 and 7 pm). Getting stuck in Los Angeles rush hours can often add a full hour to your travel time!
Parking your rental car in Burbank:
- Most parking lots are free throughout downtown Burbank, though you will often find that there is a two-hour time limit to leaving your rental car unattended.
- If you need to leave your rental car all day in Burbank, consider parking directly at the location you plan on visiting. A full day of parking typically costs around $12 at Warner Brother’s Studios, but if you book your parking spot in advance, you can often find parking at Disney’s Studios for around $5 a day.
Toll roads near Burbank:
- Most of the tolled highways in California are located about an hour south of Burbank, so it’s unlikely that you’ll drive along them, unless you plan on driving through Los Angeles and along the cost south to San Juan. Most of these tolled highways link Long Beach to San Juan and include Highways 73, 261, 241, and 133. Tolls typically cost between $4 and $8 on these highways, depending on which toll road you use, whether you use it during peak travel time, and how far along that toll road you travel.
- All tolls are charged electronically in California, which means that if you do drive along these roads in your Burbank rental car, your license plate will be photographed and the toll will be passed along to you by your rental car company. If you plan on driving along Californian toll roads frequently during your visit to Burbank, ask your rental car company if your car has been outfitted with a FasTrak transponder. Some surcharges may be applied to your use of tolled roads by your rental car company, in order to pass tolls along to you after the fact, whether or not you use a FasTrak transponder. Be sure to ask your rental car agency for more information before you depart for San Juan.