Car rental in Oakland AirportWhere to pick up
Car rental in Oakland Airport
Car rental locations in Oakland
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car rental at Oakland Airport: Visit California's Port City
Oakland, the county seat of Alameda County and the biggest city in California, is a major West Coast port city and the third most populated in the San Francisco Bay Area. The city has a number of famous landmarks that are worth seeing as a visitor, some of which include Mountain View Cemetery, Oracle Arena, The Cathedral of Christ the Light, USS Hornet Museum, Oakland California Temple, Tilden Na-ture Area, Bay Bridge Trail and Jack London Cinema. The sites are not limited to these alone; the city also has its own Chinatown. This came to be in the 1850s when San Francisco grew to be too expensive. Here’s what you need to know about car rental services when visiting Oakland.
General information about the Oakland International Airport
- Physical address:
1 Airport Dr
Oakland, CA 94621
- Website address: https://www.oaklandairport.com
- Contact information:
o By telephone: 510.563.3300
o By mail: address letters to: Customer Relations Aviation Marketing and Communications One Airport Drive, Box 45, Oakland, CA 9462
o By email: use the feedback form on the website, in the “Contacts” section.
- International Air Transport Association code: OAK
- The Oakland International Airport is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- There are two passenger terminals, 1 and 2. The terminals are connected past the security check-point and at gate areas.
- Airlines that fly in and out of Terminal 1 include Alaska, Allegiant, American Boutique Air, Delta, Hawaiian, JetBlue, Norwegian, SATA, Spirit and Volaris. Terminal 2 is used exclusively by Southwest Airlines.
Oakland Airport car rental made easy at EconomyBookings.com
You can find competitive deals on car rentals online at EconomyBookings.com, starting at around $33 per day for a five-day rental. Rates get even lower when you rent for a longer time period.
There are ten companies that provide car rental at Oakland Airport, CA. Avis, Budget, Dollar, Hertz, National and Thrifty offer the most competitive rates.
How to access car rental facilities at the OAK Airport
The Rental Car Center is the on-site car rental facility for Oakland International Airport. It is located at 7600 Earhart Road, Oakland, CA 94621, about 10 minutes from the main terminals.
Although the Rental Car Center operates 24 hours a day, individual car rental agencies may have different hours of operation. Plan ahead if you need to make any special arrangements.
To get to the Rental Car Center, free shuttle buses run every 10 minutes to and from the main terminals. Between 1:30 a.m. and 4:30 a.m., the shuttles are by request.
Companies operating at this airport include: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Fox, Hertz, Nation-al, Payless and Thrifty.
What to know about Oakland Airport rental car return
- Dropping your car off is easy. Just bring it back to the Rental Car Center on the final day of your lease and drop it off at the designated area of the company you rented from.
- When picking up your car be sure to ask about any additional charges, such as late fees and other surcharges, so that you can be informed on how to avoid them.
- Always plan ahead and include extra time to return the car, take the shuttle to the terminals, check in and go through security. Allow at least 3-4 hours before boarding time, in case of long queues or unforeseen delays.
Some things to note when driving in California
- Traffic drives on the right-hand side of the road throughout the United States.
- Speed limits in California:
o The speed limit on most California highways is 65 miles per hour (104 km/h), but where posted, you may drive at 70 miles per hour.
o The speed limit in business or residential districts is typically 25 miles per hour (40 km/h).
o The speed limit on two lane undivided highways is 55 miles per hour (88 km/h).
- When passing streetcars, trolleys or buses, drive at no more than 10 miles per hour.
- On a steep road or mountain road, the car going uphill has right of way.
- In heavy traffic or bad weather, it is mandatory to drive at slower speeds.
Road trips to take from Oakland
There is no end of fantastic road trip options from Oakland. With many exciting places within reach in under two hours:
- Berkeley (15 miles north of the airport).
- San Francisco (20 west of the airport).
- Half Moon Bay, for pink dolphins and whale watching (35 miles southwest of the airport).
- Napa Valley (55 miles south of the airport).
- Bodega Bay, a popular Hollywood filming site (80 miles north of the airport).