Car rental in San Francisco AirportTeslim Alınacak Konum
Car rental in San Francisco Airport
Araç kiralama yerleri San Francisco
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental at the San Francisco Airport
The San Francisco International Airport is the largest airport in Northern California. Not only does it provide you access to the famous city and its Golden Gate Bridge, the San Francisco Airport is an excellent location from which to rent a car to explore the Bay Area and beyond. Here is a brief guide to finding the cheapest car rental at the San Francisco Airport.
Important Facts about the San Francisco International Airport
- Physical address:
San Francisco International Airport
San Francisco, CA 94128, USA
- Website address: www.flysfo.com
- Contact information:
o By telephone: 800.435.9736 (toll-free in the United States) or 650.821.8211
o By email: visit https://support.flysfo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
o Emails are answered daily from 8 am to 5 pm in the Pacific Standard Time Zone, Monday through Friday.
- International Air Transport Association code: SFO
- The San Francisco Airport has 5 terminals that circle the main parking area. Terminals 1, 2, and 3 serve domestic flights, while International A and International G serve international flights. A and G are connected by the International Main Hall. You can travel between each of these terminals using the AirTrain.
- The San Francisco Airport offers free internet access.
Get the Best Deals on Car Rental at SFO Airport at EconomyBookings.com
Car rental at the San Francisco International Airport typically starts at around $30 a day. Over 8 car rental companies serve the San Francisco Airport.
No car rental companies have counters located directly inside the SFO terminals but getting to airport’s Car Rental Center is easy. Just take the blue line of the AirTrain from any of the terminals to the Car Rental Center. The car rental companies that have counters in the SFO Car Rental Center include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, and Thrifty.
Car Rental Near the San Francisco Airport
Car rental companies with service locations near the San Francisco Airport include Advantage and Sixt. To pick up your car hire from car rental companies located near the San Francisco Airport, take the free shuttle from the Car Rental Center. At the Center, you can request that the shuttle come to meet you. It will stop at the Center’s south curb.
Tips for Cheap Car Rental at SFO
The base price for most economy car rentals is $30 a day, though this price typically goes up in the most popular summer months, especially July. Book your rental car at least four months in advance in order to receive the best deals on SFO rental cars.
Advantage and E-Z Rent are the companies that typically offer the best prices on rental cars at the San Francisco International Airport. Keep an eye out for EconomyBookings.com discounts of around 17% that keep the price of rental cars low in San Francisco.
Tips for San Francisco Airport Car Rental Return
The SFO Car Rental Center is located north of the airport itself, so if you are returning to the airport northbound along state highway 101, drive past the terminal exits in order to return your rental car. If you are returning to the airport via interstate 380, exit at South Airport Boulevard. Turn right, and then follow the signs to the Car Rental Center. To return your hired car, park in customer parking.
Remember that it can sometimes take around 30 minutes to return a rental car! Especially if you have rented your car from an off-site company, such as Advantage, you will want to budget some extra time to return your rental car to the San Francisco Airport. Don’t forget to request that the shuttle linking Advantage to SFO come to pick you up immediately.
Key Things to Remember When You Rent a Car in San Francisco
- Traffic drives on the right-hand side of the road.
- Speed limits around San Francisco have been reduced to 55 miles per hour (88 kilometers per hour) to cut down on car pollution in the city. Most streets in the city of San Francisco have a speed limit of 25 mph (40 km/h), though some streets may witness a reduction to 20 mph over the next few years.
- The major bridges that link San Francisco to the mainland are tolled. The Golden Gate Bridge is especially expensive to cross, typically costing around $8. The Golden Gate Bridge toll is passed along to your car rental company electronically. All other bridges in the San Francisco area are tolled in one direction only—typically west-bound—via toll booths. The base toll for these bridges is $5, though this rate can increase during peak hours or decrease if you have 2 or more passengers in your rental car. Ask your rental car company if they have outfitted your car with a FasTrak transponder to save time and money on all toll roads and bridges in the area.