Car Rental at Orlando AirportWhere to pick up
Car Rental at Orlando Airport
Car rental locations in Orlando
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental at the Orlando Airport
A rental car is truly the best way to explore central Florida, and the Orlando International Airport is an excellent location to land to take advantage of the best sights, including Walt Disney World and Universal Studios. The airport is also within a day’s drive of Miami and the spectacular Everglades. Make the most of your visit to Florida by staying mobile via rental car. Here is a brief guide to finding the cheapest MCO airport car rental.
Important Facts about the Orlando International Airport
- Physical address:
One Jeff Fuqua Boulevard
Orlando, Florida 32827-4392
- Website address: www.Orlandoairports.net
- Contact information:
o By telephone: (407) 825-2001
o Submit an email by visiting this website and scrolling to the bottom: https://orlandoairports.net/contact/
- International Air Transport Association code: MCO
- The Orlando International Airport is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The Orlando International Airport is located in one large building that is split into the A Terminal (or A Side) and the B Terminal (or B Side). Flights depart from four concourses (1 through 4) identified by gate number. Gates 1 through 59 depart from the west side of the building, while gates 70 through 129 depart from the east side of the building.
Get the Best Deal on MCO Car Rental at EconomyBookings.com
Car rental at the Orlando Florida Airport typically starts around $20 a day. Over seven car rental companies serve the Orlando International Airport.
The car rental companies that have counters in the Orlando International Airport include Avis, Budget, Dollar Rent a Car, Hertz and Thrifty.
Tips for Cheap Car Rentals at the Orlando Airport
To find the cheapest rental cars at the Orlando International Airport, rent from Green Motion. Economy rental cars from Green Motion typically range from $15 to $20 a day, substantially underbidding the rental car companies with counters located within the Orlando Airport itself. Like most rental car companies located outside of the main MCO terminal, you can take a shuttle to the Green Motion kiosk by proceeding to level 1 and waiting at the A-12 or B-12 shuttle stops. If you book your car hire from other car rental companies located outside the main terminal, be sure to confirm at which shuttle stop you should wait.
Keep an eye out for discounts from EconomyBookings.com that make the price of premium and luxury rental cars as affordable as economy rental cars!
How to Return your Car Rental at Orlando MCO
You can return your rental car to the Orlando International Airport on both the A and B Sides. After you exit the highway onto the airport access road, keep an eye out for the exit on the left marked “Car Rentals.” Numerous rental car companies at the Orlando Airport typically share return lanes, so simply follow the signs designating your specific car rental company.
Note that car rental returns typically take around 30 minutes, so be sure to schedule extra time into your travel time in order to experience a stress-free departure from Orlando.
Key Things to Remember After You Pick up Your Car Rental at Orlando MCO
- Traffic drives on the right-hand side of the road throughout the United States.
- While speed limits are naturally quite low on the all the roads servicing the airport, you can expect speed limits to rise to 55 to 65 miles per hour (circa 80-110 km/h) once you reach the interstate highways in the Orlando area.
- There are numerous toll roads throughout Florida. The toll road closest to the Orlando International Airport is the Bee Line Expressway, which links the city of Orlando to Cape Canaveral. If you are planning on travelling south to Miami or north to Jacksonville, you can often save time by also taking the Florida Turnpike, another toll road. Ask your Orlando car hire company if they have outfitted your rental car with a SunPass to save you time and money while driving the toll roads of Florida.
Where to Drive Next: Orlando International Airport Car Rental
The Orlando International Airport is your major hub for visits to the scintillating city of Orlando and its nearby theme parks. MCO is located within short driving distances of a number of top attractions. For instance,
- Orlando is 11 miles north of the airport
- Universal Studies is just 15 miles west of the airport
- Disney World is 16 miles southwest of the airport
- The Kennedy Space Center is 57 miles east of the airport
But since you’re planning on renting a car at the Orlando Airport anyway, consider taking some longer road trips and seeing more of southern Florida’s incredible offerings:
- Miami and renowned Miami Beach are about a 3-hour’s drive south of Orlando
- St. Augustine—the US’s oldest city—is just 2 hours to the north