Car Rental in USA GeorgiaWhere to pick up
Car Rental in USA Georgia
Popular car rental cities in Usa Georgia
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental in Savannah, GA
Savannah should be on every traveler’s bucket list. With live oaks bedecked in Spanish moss stretching over the roads and a very well maintained historic downtown, Savannah is a pleasure to drive through slowly. If you aren’t coming to the city during folk festivals or holidays, parking downtown is also relatively easy to find. And if you are coming to the city during festivals or holidays, you’ll want to leave your car outside of city center to simply enjoy the way the entire downtown participates in the festivities. Here is a brief guide to finding the cheapest rental cars in Savannah, Georgia.
Get the Best Deals on Savannah Car Rental at EconomyBookings.com
Savannah rental cars are available in 9 locations throughout the city, including in downtown Savannah, at the Savannah Airport (SAV), and at the Oglethorpe Mall. Savannah car hire typically starts just over $50 a day for short-term rentals. When you extend your rental period to ten days or more, this daily rate typically drops to around $35 a day and is available in even more locations throughout the city, including in Midtown and Savannah South.
How to Find Cheap Rental Cars in Savannah
The cheapest locations at which to rent a car in Savannah, Georgia include: downtown, at the airport, and at the Oglethorpe Mall. It is well worth checking the daily rate for rental cars at each of these locations, as each location’s rental car prices vary depending on the season in which and how far in advance you book your rental car. You can often save $4 to $5 a day by checking prices at each of these locations in order to ensure you find the cheapest rental cars in Savannah.
There is plenty to see and do in the Savannah area, so consider extending your rental period to the entirety of your stay. Daily rental car rates in Savannah drop by around $15 a day for longer-term rentals. You can also often find hotels with complimentary off-street parking outside of historic downtown.
Tips for Driving Your Rental Car in Savannah
Driving in Savannah is fairly easy, particularly during normal days of the week. The city can get crazy during festivities, but even then, the roads are fairly easy to navigate. Just plan to take it slower in Savannah than you would in other areas, such as the economic center of the state of Georgia, Atlanta.
Parking your rental car in downtown Savannah:
- Particularly compared to neighboring cities, parking in Savannah is cheap! Parking in garages and lots typically costs $1 to $2 an hour, but you can often find flat rates for parking for the entire evening at just $2 and daily flat rates of just $5, making the use of parking garages for day or evening trips to downtown Savannah very affordable.
- Parking on the street is free after 8 pm Mondays through Saturdays and on Sundays north of Liberty Street.
- Parking on the street south of Liberty Street is free after 5 pm Mondays through Fridays and on the weekend.
Toll roads near Savannah:
- The only toll road in the state of Georgia is the Georgia 400 Extension quite far away from the city of Savannah itself. The George 400 Extension is the length of highway that links I-285 and I-85, just south of Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- However, if you are planning on driving north into South Carolina, do note that the Cross Island Parkway on Hilton Head Island is also a tolled road. This toll is collected in cash at a tollbooth and costs $1.25.
Where to Go Next: Day Trips in Your Savannah Rental Car
To get out of the city and breathe some fresh air, take a day or weekend trip out to:
- Tybee Island. Located just 25 minutes southeast of Savannah, Tybee Island is a great place to visit for a swim in the Atlantic Ocean in the summer or a long walk on the beach in the winter. There are great places to eat along the main road of Tybee Island and lots of souvenir stores. You will have to pay to park on all the public roads and public beach parking areas on Tybee Island. Parking costs $2 an hour.
- Hilton Head Island. Located just under an hour northeast of Savannah, Hilton Head is a popular beach town and island to visit in southern South Carolina. Parking at beach access roads throughout Hilton Head typically costs between 50 cents and $1 an hour.