Autovermietung im Honolulu AirportAnmietstation
Autovermietung im Honolulu Airport
Mietwagen-Stationen in Honolulu
Warum Buch mit EconomyBookings
Car Rental at the Honolulu Airport: Your Gateway to O’ahu
The Daniel K. Inouye International Airport is your access point to the Hawaiian island of O’ahu and is a great spot from which to rent a car to explore the city of Honolulu and its surrounding natural beauty. Here is a brief guide to finding the cheapest rental cars at the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport in Honolulu.
Important Facts about the Honolulu Airport
- Physical address:
300 Rodgers Boulevard
Honolulu, HI 96819
- Website address: www.airports.hawaii.gov/hnl/
- Contact information:
o By telephone: (808) 836-6411
o Phone calls are answered 24 hours a day.
- International Air Transport Association code: HNL
- The Honolulu Airport is open 24/7, though many facilities, such as the information desk and security lines, typically close between midnight and 4 am.
- The Honolulu Airport has three terminals. Terminals 1 and 2 serve most airlines and are interconnected after you go through security, but you can avoid a long walk by simply going through the security line in the terminal that serves your specific airline. Mokulele Airlines alone flies in and out of terminal 3.
Get the Best Deal on Honolulu International Airport Car Rental at EconomyBookings.com
The daily rate for car rental at the Honolulu Airport typically ranges between $20 and $40. Over 10 car rental companies serve the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport.
There are 6 car rental companies with counters inside the Honolulu Airport, on the ground level of the Terminal 2 Parking Garage. The rental car companies with locations on the Honolulu Airport campus include Advantage, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National. You can take the complimentary shuttle to the rental car area, if needed, by waiting for it outside the baggage claim areas of Terminal 1 or 3.
Car rental companies with service locations near the Honolulu Airport include Ace Rent a Car, Alamo, Dollar, and Thrifty. Most of these companies are located less than one mile from the terminals and offer complimentary shuttle services to their buildings. Contact your rental car company in advance of your arrival in Honolulu to arrange for pick up from the airport.
Tips for Cheap Rental Cars at the Hawaii Honolulu Airport
You can often get lucky with last-minute rental car bookings at the Honolulu Airport and save at least $5 a day on economy rental cars in Hawaii when you book just one or two months in advance of your arrival. Typically, the farther in advance you book your Honolulu rental car, the closer the daily rate rises to $40. However, these excellent deals only last while economy rental cars are available, so figuring out if you’re travelling during peak tourist periods is important.
Dollar and Thrifty are typically the Honolulu rental car companies that offer the cheapest car hire at the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport. Thrifty and EconomyBookings.com often offer discounts of around 17% that make the cost of renting a car in Honolulu even cheaper.
How to Return your Rental Car to the Honolulu Airport
Once you enter the general airport area, follow signs to the Terminal 2 Parking Garage/Rental Cars. Park your rental car in the appropriate spot for your specific rental car company.
You will want to schedule extra arrival time in order to fill out the rental car return paperwork and walk or take the shuttle to your terminal. Returning your rental car can often add 30 minutes to one hour to your departure time, in addition to the time required to check in and get through security.
Honolulu’s morning and evening rush hour is also quite bad, so if you need to be at the airport between 5 and 8 in the morning or 3 and 6:30 in the evening, be sure to leave for the airport still farther in advance of your flight’s departure.
Honolulu Airport Car Rental: Where to Drive Next
The Honolulu Airport is located just 5 miles northeast of downtown Honolulu, making it a great place to pick up your rental car after you’re done exploring the city. Here are some visitors’ favorite sights and activities across the island of O’ahu, within easy driving distance of Honolulu:
- Hiking to the outlook at Diamond Head State Park offers your spectacular views of Waikīkī and the neighboring islands and atolls. The park is located 12 miles east of the Honolulu Airport and parking costs $5 per car for the length of your visit.
- The Makapu’u Point Lighthouse Trail offers visitors another beautiful coastal hike. There is a parking area at the trailhead, located 20 miles east of the airport.
- The town of Kaneohe and its Ho’omaluhia Botanical Gardens are also well worth visiting, 11 miles northeast of the airport.
- Don’t miss out on Kawela Bay and the northern shore of O’ahu, located about 40 miles from the airport.