Car Rental at Boston Airport (BOS)Where to pick up
Car Rental at Boston Airport (BOS)
Car rental locations in Boston
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental at the Boston Logan Airport
The Boston Logan International Airport is the major hub for flights into and out of New England. Conveniently book your car rental at Logan Airport, which is located just off the junction of interstate highways 90 and 93 and provides easy access to New England and beyond. While Boston is sure to keep you busy, a visit to nearby Salem or Cape Cod is not to be missed! Here is a brief guide to finding the cheapest car rental at Logan.
Important Facts about Logan International Airport
- Physical address:
1 Harborside Drive
Boston, MA 02128, USA
- Website address: http://www.massport.com/logan-airport/
- Contact information:
o By telephone: 1-800-23-LOGAN (56426)
o Telephone calls are answered every day from 7 am to 11:30 pm, Eastern Standard Time.
o You can also contact the airport via email by going to this web address and filling out the form at the bottom of the page: http://www.massport.com/massport/about-massport/contact/
- International Air Transport Association code: BOS
- The Boston Logan Airport is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The Boston Airport is comprised of four terminals, Terminals A, B, and E. They are interconnected via sky bridges and moving walkways, as well as shuttles and Boston city public transportation in the form of the Silver Line, SL1.
- Boston Airport Rental Car Center Physical Address:
15 Transportation Way
East Boston, MA 02128
Get the Best Deal on Car Rental at the Boston Airport at EconomyBookings.com
Car rental at the Logan Airport in Boston typically ranges between $50 and $60 a day for short-term rentals. Over 7 car rental companies serve the Logan International Airport.
The Logan Airport Rental Car Center
All the rental car companies that serve the Boston Logan Airport have been consolidated in the parking garage called the Rental Car Center. The rental car companies located at the Logan Airport Rental Car Center include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Hertz, and Thrifty.
You can get to the Rental Car Center by catching any number of shuttles that stop at the curb on the lower level of each terminal. During the peak hours of midday, catch shuttle bus 22 at terminals A and B or shuttle bus 33 at terminals C and E. If you are arriving in the early morning or late evening, you will take shuttle bus 55, which serves all the terminals, as well as the Rental Car Center.
Cheap Car Rental Near the Logan Airport
Car rental companies with service locations near Logan Airport include EuropCar. Call EuropCar in advance of your departure to arrange for pick up from Logan Airport and transport to EuropCar’s rental services location.
Tips for Cheap Car Rental at the Boston Airport
The daily rate for Boston Airport rental cars ranges depending on the season, sinking to around $50 a day during the less popular winter months and rising to around $57 a day during the more popular summer months. While you can only rarely save money by booking your rental car well in advance of your visit, you can often save at least $10 a day on Boston rental cars by extending your rental period to over a week.
Keep an eye out for discounts from EconomyBookings.com that makes the rate for rental cars at the Boston Airport more affordable. Discounts typically range between 8% and 23%.
How to Return your Logan Airport Car Rental
Once you enter the Logan Airport area, follow the signs for the Rental Car Center, then park your car in the appropriate spot for your rental car company. Remember that returning a rental car in Boston can often take around 30 minutes and that you will have to catch the shuttle buses from the Rental Car Center to your specific terminal after you’ve finished the paperwork. Security lines can get very full at the Boston Airport, particularly for international flights, so be sure to arrive well in advance of your flight in order to return your car and get to your gate stress-free.
Key Things to Remember When You Rent a Car in Boston
- Traffic drives on the right-hand side of the road throughout the US.
- There are numerous tolled roads in and around Boston, including the road you take to exit the airport area from the Rental Car Center. I-90—also known as the Massachusetts Turnpike or Mass Pike—is also tolled. When you travel along these roads, your license plate will be photographed, and the toll will be issued to you through your rental car company. If you are planning on driving along the Mass Pike often during your trip to Boston, ask your rental car company if they can outfit your car with an EZ-Pass. Also be sure to double-check if your rental car company issues any surcharges for passing your tolls along to you.