Car Rental in BuffaloWhere to pick up
Car Rental in Buffalo
Car rental locations in Buffalo
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental in Buffalo, NY: Your American Gateway to the Niagara Falls
Buffalo has quite a lot to offer its visitors, including excellent museums, great nightlife, and a neat historic downtown. But you will certainly want to rent a car in Buffalo to take in its incredible natural surroundings, including the breathtaking sights and sounds of the world renowned Niagara Falls and the wider Niagara frontier. Here is a brief guide to finding the cheapest car rental in Buffalo, New York.
Get the Best Deal on Buffalo Car Rental at EconomyBookings.com
Rental cars in Buffalo are available in 7 locations throughout the city, including the Buffalo Airport, downtown, in the northern part of the city, and at the Depew Train Station. Buffalo car hire starts at around $45 a day for short-term rentals.
Tips for Cheap Car Rentals in Buffalo, NY
You can typically find the cheapest rental cars in Buffalo at the Buffalo Airport, where the daily rate for rental cars starts at around $45 a day. This low price is typically offered by Dollar Car Rental, which routinely beats other rental companies’ prices by over 50%!
Even if you are not travelling to Buffalo via the Buffalo Airport, consider making the trip to the airport in order to pick up your rental car, as daily rates for rental cars in downtown Buffalo are much higher, typically lingering at over $100 a day.
Another cheap option for car rentals in Buffalo, New York is Budget, located in Buffalo North. Budget’s daily rates for economy rental cars in northern Buffalo typically start at $55 a day, year-round.
You can also often save around $20 a day on rental cars in Buffalo by extending your rental period to over a week!
Car Rental at the Buffalo Airport, NY
The Buffalo Niagara International Airport (BUF) is located 10 miles northeast of downtown Buffalo and 28 miles southeast of the Niagara Falls. The Buffalo Airport is typically the cheapest location from which to rent a car in the Buffalo area. Dollar and Hertz are among the seven rental car companies located at the Buffalo Airport.
Most rental car companies are located in the parking garage right across the street from the Buffalo Airport main terminal. In order to pick up your rental car after you arrive, simply follow the signs to baggage claim, then exit the main terminal building and cross the road to the parking garage. From there, follow signs to your specific rental car company.
Check your rental car company’s hours of service before you arrive in Buffalo to be sure that you will be permitted to pick up your rental car as soon as you’re there. You can return your rental car to the same spot in the Buffalo Airport complex when you depart.
Key Things to Remember When You Rent a Car in Buffalo, NY
Parking your rental car in downtown Buffalo:
- While street parking is the cheapest option for parking in Buffalo, it can be hard to find downtown, particularly during the work week and on weekend evenings. Most meters charge up to $1 an hour, and street parking is free after 5 pm on weekdays and all day on the weekends.
- If you can’t find parking on the street in downtown Buffalo, take advantage of the frequent parking garages and parking lots located throughout the city, most of which charge between $1.50 and $4 an hour.
Parking your rental car in the Niagara Falls State Park:
- To see the world-renowned Niagara Falls without driving into Canada, you can park at a number of lots located within the Niagara Falls State Park. Parking costs $10 a day, even if you leave the parking lot with your car and re-enter it later. Simply keep your parking receipt, which you can show the parking attendant again in order to re-enter free of charge.
- Do note that the parking lots in the Niagara Falls State Park fill up quickly on holidays and weekends.
Toll roads near Buffalo, New York
- Many of the bridges and connectors from New York to Ontario require the payment of a toll in the Buffalo area. They typically cost around $3 for passenger vehicles. While a number of these tolled roads continue to use tollbooths, at which you pay your toll in cash, many are transitioning to cashless toll monitoring. If you drive along these now cashless toll roads—such as the roads to Grand Island—your toll will be passed onto you via your rental car company. Be sure to ask your Buffalo rental car company if any surcharges apply to the use of electronic toll roads.
- If you do plan on driving to Canada, be sure to discuss these plans with your rental car company first!