Car rental in San Antonio AirportWhere to pick up
Car rental in San Antonio Airport
Car rental locations in San Antonio
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental at San Antonio Airport: embark on a colonial journey
San Antonio is the second most populated city in Texas experiencing rapid growth, amid a backdrop of rich colonial history. Your first stop might be the Alamo Mission, more commonly known as the Alamo, which one of the oldest Roman Catholic churches in America, famous for its prominence in 18th century civil wars between the Mexicans and the Texans. Other popular places of interest include the River Walk and the Tower of the Americas. For a real taste of Texan culture, visit the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo in February. Your visit starts the moment you book a car with a trusted car rental site, and we’ve put together a need-to-know guide on rental cars at San Antonio airport, TX, and more.
About the San Antonio International Airport
- Physical address:
9800 Airport Blvd
- Website address: https://www.sanantonio.gov/SAT
- Contact information:
o By telephone: 210.207.3433
o By email: use the feedback form on the San Antonio International Airport website.
- International Air Transport Association code: SAT
- The San Antonio International Airport is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- SAT currently has two terminals, A and B. There are plans to build additional terminals in the fu-ture.
- It is a major hub for Southwest Airlines (Terminal A) as well as American Airlines, Delta Air and Frontier Airlines.
For your auto rental needs, book online at EconomyBookings.com
On average, cheap car rental at San Antonio International Airport starts at around $46 a day.
The rates are even lower when you rent for more than five days, and during off-peak season.
Companies that tend to offer the lowest rates are Avis, Dollar, Europcar, Hertz, National, Sixt and Thrifty.
How to find the San Antonio International Airport car rental
The airport’s Consolidated Car Rental Facility makes it easy for renters to find their preferred car rental counters.
To access the building, use the Sky Bridge on the mezzanine level of Terminal B.
Auto rental companies that operate from this airport include: Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, EZ, Fox, Hertz, National, Payless, Sixt and Thrifty.
Important to note when using a San Antonio Airport car rental
Here are some important traffic rules to know about when driving in Texas:
- Drivers must stay in the left lane unless passing.
- OV lanes are meant for high occupancy vehicles e.g. trucks, passenger cars, buses, and vans. Mo-torcycles also travel in them. But single-occupancy cars are not allowed in the lanes.
- Passing through an area marked “No Passing Zone” is illegal.
- Blocking intersections in San Antonio is prohibited. If you can’t see clearly the intersection, wait for the traffic to clear.
Outside of San Antonio
Make the most out of your auto rental and check out some of these noteworthy spots within driving dis-tance of San Antonio:
- Austin, the capital of Texas (75 miles northwest of the airport).
- Canyon Lake (36 miles north of the airport).
- Lockhart, famous for the best barbecued ribs in America (62 miles northeast of the airport).
- Los Maples State Natural Area (87 miles northwest of the airport).
- Houston (201 miles east of the airport).