Car rental in Usa VermontWhere to pick up
Car rental in USA Vermont
Popular car rental cities in USA Vermont
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental in Saint Albans: visiting the Maple Syrup Capital of the World
The Maple Capital of the World, Saint Albans is an excellent destination for people who want to get back in touch with nature. With a sweet and historical downtown, Saint Albans provides a comfortable and quiet base for explorations of Lake Champlain and the forests of Vermont. Renting a car is absolutely necessary to navigate the town and its surroundings, so make the most of your visit by booking your rental car today!
Saint Albans witnesses four distinct seasons each year, with snowy cold winters and humid hot summers. Shoulder-season months such as April and October typically offer visitors the most comfortable weather, though those who enjoy the outdoors will want to visit Vermont throughout the summer for a wide range of hiking, camping, and watersport activities.
The de facto national language of the United States is English, though you may find speakers of French similar to Quebecois French in Saint Albans and other cities along the border to Canada. The indigenous language primarily spoken in the Saint Albans area was Abnaki-Penobscot, an Algonquin-family language. Most speakers of Abnaki-Penobscot live in Canada today.
Saint Albans is located in the Eastern Time Zone, UTC-5.
The currency throughout the United States is the dollar. Credit cards are accepted at the vast majority of businesses and ATMs are also quite frequent. For travel throughout other states on the East Coast, you will want to have some cash on hand for the occasional tollbooth that has not yet been converted to an electronic system.
Automobile hire is available in downtown Saint Albans.
38 nationalities can enter the United States as tourists without applying for a visa, though if you are among these nationalities, you are still required to fill out the ESTA in advance. Visit esta.us for more information. Visitors to the United States will be fingerprinted and biometrically photographed upon entry. If your nationality is not included in the visa-waiver program, you will be required to apply for a B-1 or B-2 visa in advance of your arrival.
If you’re interested in crossing the border into Canada, be sure that your visa allows for re-entry to the United States. Citizens from a vast number of countries can enter Canada as a tourist visa-free for up to 6 months. You will need to fill out the eTA (electronic Travel Authorization) in advance of your arrival; the fee is $7. All other nationalities must apply for a visa at a Canadian Visa Office in advance of their departure.
Driving in Saint Albans
While you certainly don’t need a car to explore Saint Albans’s city center, you will likely exhaust these options for exploration within a day. To see any of Saint Albans’s gorgeous surroundings, a car is absolutely necessary and is truly the most comfortable way to explore the area, which is made accessible with wide roads and frequent parking opportunities.
- Traffic drives on the right-hand side of the road throughout North America.
- In the city: 25 miles per hour (40 km/h)
- Rural interstates: 65 mph (104 km/h)
- Urban interstates and freeways, such as in nearby Burlington: 55 mph (88 km/h)
- Limited access roads and highways: 50 mph (80 km/h)
- Parking is regulated by time and fee in central Saint Albans, though free parking is certainly available. Parking violations are routinely ticketed, so be sure to park according to regulations.
- Your valid domestic driver’s license is sufficient for renting and driving a car in the state of Vermont for up to one year.
- There are no toll roads in the state of Vermont.
- The minimum driving age in Vermont is 18 years, though most rental companies will require that you are at least 21 years old to rent a car, and you are likely to face young-driver surcharges until the age of 25.
- Ask your rental company for any necessary documents you may need in order to cross the border to Canada; some extra charges may apply for international travel with your rental car.
- Winter driving can be very precarious, as weather conditions can change suddenly. Fill your gas or petrol tank whenever possible, and carry sufficient warm clothing, food, and water while driving long distances in the winter.
Cheap Car Rental in Saint Albans
Automobile hire in Saint Albans typically starts at around $30 a day. Here are some of the best deals in Saint Albans:
- Kia Rio or similar (economy class) – $37/day
- Nissan Note or similar (compact class) – $38/day
- Hyundai Elantra or similar (intermediate class) – $39/day
- Volkswagen Jetta or similar (standard class) – $40/day
- Ford Fusion or similar (fullsize class) – $45/day
Note that prices vary depending on the availability of each specific car and the season in which you rent. For the most accurate offers, use the search bar above.
Tips for Renting a Car Inexpensively in Saint Albans
Car rental is available at Enterprise Rent-a-Car in downtown Saint Albans, and prices vary by about $20 at various points throughout the year. Book your car within 1 to 2 months of your arrival to receive the best prices.