Car rental in ClevelandWhere to pick up
Car rental in Cleveland
Car rental locations in Cleveland
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental in Cleveland: exploring the Brisbane coast by car
Cleveland is a small harbor town located just 16 km south of Brisbane. Often considered the gateway to North Stradbroke Island, Cleveland is a perfect, relaxing base for exploring the Brisbane coast. Make the most of your visit by staying mobile with a rental car and book yours today!
Cleveland’s weather stays fairly constant year-round. Winter nights can get fairly chilly June through August, though days typically linger around room temperature. Summers typically stay around 30 degrees Celsius (86 degrees Fahrenheit) with the occasional heat wave December through February.
The de facto official language of Australia is English, which is also the language spoken by the majority of Cleveland’s residents. Yagara, Yugarabul, Yugambeh, Jandai, Goenpul, and Nunukul are just some of the Aboriginal languages spoken near Cleveland and on the surrounding islands.
Cleveland is in the Australian Eastern Standard Time Zone, UTC+10 or +11 during Daylight Savings Time.
The currency is the Australian dollar and credit cards are widely accepted throughout the country.
Car hire is available in downtown Cleveland.
The first obvious road-trip goal from Cleveland is North Stradbroke Island, which you can travel to by vehicle ferry from Toondah Harbour. Ferry prices from Cleveland to Dunwich start at $53 for one passenger and one passenger car each direction. Plan to travel to Stradbroke Island for an overnight stay to receive the cheapest ferry ticket prices.
Don’t just stay on the coast or the spectacular islands of the area during your stay in Cleveland, however. Take advantage of the area’s great roads by also heading west. Bunya Mountains National Park is located 250 km west of Cleveland. Ambitious travellers may want to carry on for a brief visit into the Red Centre of Australia at the Cullyamurra Waterhole, a total of 1,374 km from Cleveland.
All visitors to Australia require a visa to enter the country, except those coming from New Zealand. Depending on your country of citizenship, you can apply for these visas online for a fee of $20 to $130; be sure to only visit government websites for these applications in order to avoid surcharges and other fees. Some nationalities will have to apply for a visa via a paper application at an Australian embassy. Double check regulations for your nationality before you confirm your travel plans.
Driving in Cleveland
Driving and parking is effortless in downtown Cleveland, though you may notice that the small town is affected by Brisbane rush hours if you try to leave Cleveland in the morning or return in the evening. Because Cleveland is comfortably small, a car will definitely keep you mobile and greatly improve your visit.
- Traffic drives on the left-hand side of the road throughout Australia.
- In the city: 50 km/h
- On the highway: 110 km/h
- Traffic in Cleveland can be affected by Brisbane’s rush hours, which stretch from 5 to 9 in the morning and 4 to 6 in the late afternoon.
- While parking on the busiest streets of Cleveland may be regulated by time and fee, there are numerous parking lots throughout the city that offer drivers free, all-day parking. Check out the Redland City Council website for exact maps that demonstrate where these parking lots are located.
- If your domestic driver’s license has been issued in a language other than English, an international driver’s permit will be necessary to rent a car in Australia.
- The motorways around Brisbane are tolled, and prices vary according to how far along them you travel. Ask your rental company if your rental includes a pre-paid toll account in order to ease your travel along these toll roads west of Cleveland.
- The minimum driving age in Queensland is as young as 16 years, though most rental companies will require that you are at least 21 years old to rent a car, and you are likely to face young-driver surcharges until the age of 25.
Cheap Car Rental in Cleveland
Car hire in Cleveland starts as low as $20 a day. Here are some of the best deals in Cleveland:
- Kia Rio or similar (economy class) – $32/day
- Nissan Note or similar (compact class) – $34/day
- Toyota Corolla or similar (intermediate class) – $35/day
- Chrysler 200 or similar (standard class) – $36/day
- Ford Fusion or similar (fullsize class) – $38/day
Note that prices vary depending on the availability of each specific car and the season in which you rent. For the most accurate offers, use the search bar above.
Tips for Renting a Car Inexpensively in Cleveland
Rental car prices typically stay fairly constant year-round in Queensland. When you search for a rental car in Cleveland, consider comparing prices with locations in nearby Brisbane to ensure that you receive the best price in the region. You can also often save money on car hire in Cleveland by extending your rental period to over a week. Keep an eye out for discounts of between 5% and 23% that make renting a car in Cleveland especially cheap!