Car rental in Coffs HarbourWhere to pick up
Car rental in Coffs Harbour
Car rental locations in Coffs Harbour
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental in Coffs Harbour: the Big Banana and beautiful wildlife
Coffs Harbour is famous for its Big Banana—an amusement park that commemorates the area’s role in Australian banana production—but the city is an excellent destination for wildlife lovers as well. Coffs Harbour is also a great place to stay as you explore the nearby World Heritage rainforest. Make the most of your visit to the city by staying mobile via rental car. To get the cheapest prices in Coffs Harbour, book your hire car today!
Coffs Harbour sees the most tourist traffic in the summer months, particularly November and December. For good weather and smaller crowds, head to the area in February or March. To avoid the rain, plan to arrive in September.
The de facto official language of Australia is English, which is also the language spoken by the majority of Coffs Harbour’s residents. Gumbaynggirr is the major Aboriginal language spoken and under ongoing revival in and around Coffs Harbour.
Coffs Harbour is in the Australian Eastern Standard Time Zone, UTC+10 or +11 in the summer Daylight Savings Time.
The currency is the Australian dollar and credit cards are widely accepted throughout the country.
Car hire is available in 2 locations throughout Coffs Harbour: Coffs Harbour Airport (CFS) and downtown.
All visitors to Australia require a visa to enter the country, except those coming from New Zealand. Depending on your country of citizenship, you can apply for these visas online for a fee of $20 to $130; be sure to only visit government websites for these applications in order to avoid surcharges and other fees. Some nationalities will have to apply for a visa via a paper application at an Australian embassy. Double check regulations for your nationality before you confirm your travel plans.
Driving in Coffs Harbour
Coffs Harbour is easy to navigate by car and visitors should not have too much trouble finding parking spots either. Given the city’s location between excellent beaches, fascinating wildlife and bird reserves, and the rainforest, you’ll certainly want to stay independent and mobile with a hire car while in the region.
- Traffic drives on the left-hand side of the road throughout Australia.
- In the city: 50 km/h
- On the highway: 110 km/h
- As a city primarily thriving on the tourist industry, there’s not much of a rush hour to speak of in Coffs Harbour. Ask your hosts or hotel staff for tips on how to optimize your driving time to the area’s various tourist attractions.
- There are numerous free car parking lots in Coffs Harbour, though a number of them do limit the amount of time that you are permitted to leave your car. For free, all-day parking, head to the Gordon Street Car Park, the Elbow Street Car Park, or the Lister Street Car Park.
- If your domestic driver’s license has been issued in a language other than English, an international driver’s permit will be necessary to rent a car in Australia.
- There are no toll roads in the direct vicinity of Coffs Harbour, though the majority of the motorways that enter and circumnavigate Sydney are tolled. If you drive these roads, you will be required to purchase tolls online or by phone before you drive along them or up to three days afterwards.
- The minimum driving age in New South Wales is as young as 16 years, though most rental companies will require that you are at least 21 years old to rent a car, and you are likely to face young-driver surcharges until the age of 25.
Cheap Car Rental in Coffs Harbour
Car hire in Coffs Harbour typically starts at around $30 a day. Here are some of the best deals in Coffs Harbour:
- Toyota Yaris or similar (economy class) – $30/day
- Toyota Corolla or similar (compact class) – $32/day
- Ford Focus or similar (intermediate class) – $36/day
- Mitsubishi ASX or similar (standard class) – $40/day
- Toyota Camry or similar (fullsize class) – $41/day
Note that prices vary depending on the availability of each specific car and the season in which you rent. For the most accurate offers, use the search bar above.
Tips for Renting a Car Inexpensively in Coffs Harbour
There is very little seasonal variation in price for rental cars in Coffs Harbour. Instead you can save the most money on car hire by booking well in advance, particularly if you plan on visiting during the popular summer months.
Thrifty is the car rental agency that offers the most availability and best prices in Coffs Harbour. Both Thrifty’s downtown and airport locations offer competitive prices. Keep an eye out for discounts of around 17% that make car hire in Coffs Harbour even cheaper!
Rent a car for around 5 days to secure the best daily prices. As parking is fairly effortless and cheap in Coffs Harbour, you may find that the best way to save money is to retain your rental car for the length of your visit, provided you do not stay over a week.