차량 렌탈 위치 Muscat
사용해야하는 이유 EconomyBookings
Car Rental in Muscat: the magical capital city of Oman
Muscat today is a conglomerate of many different towns all nestled between the Arabian Sea and the Western Hajar Mountains. Once a key trading port on the Maritime Silk Road, Muscat is now the capital city of Oman in all its Arabian architectural beauty. Explore Muscat for a more traditional articulation of architectural modernization than you’ll experience in the nearby United Arab Emirates or Qatar. Make the most of your visit by booking your rental car today!
The best time to visit Muscat is during the winter months, from November to March, when the heat is comfortable rather than unbearable.
Arabic is the national language of Oman and is spoken by the vast majority of residents, although ethnic minorities throughout the country also speak Shehri, Swahili, and Baluchi. English is also widely spoken, particularly in cities and major tourist destinations.
Muscat is in the Gulf Time Zone, UTC+4.
The currency is the Omani rial, which is fixed to the dollar at 1 rial to 2.60 US dollars. It is a good idea to have cash on hand for most of your financial transactions. ATMs at the airport are guaranteed to accept foreign cards, and there are ATMs throughout Muscat and in most cities; money exchanges are also available throughout the country.
Automobile hire is available in 8 locations throughout Muscat, including the Muscat International Airport (MCT), downtown, and at Al Khuwair. For the most diversity in rental car availability, hire your automobile from the airport.
There are a lot of great sights to explore in the Al Hajar Mountains. Start by driving west to Nizwa, about 160 km from Muscat, which you can use as a base to hike the mountains. Alternatively, visit the UNESCO World Heritage Archaeological Sites of Bat, Al-Khutm and Al-Ayn, about 260 km from Muscat. Dubai is located 420 km northwest of the city and features a dramatically different skyline to traditional Muscat.
Over 35 nationalities can receive a single-entry visa upon arrival in Oman, which authorizes stays of up to 30 days for the cost of 20 rials. Ensure that your passport is valid for a full six months after your date of arrival to avoid any problems upon entry or exit. While stamps from Israel should not cause problems, Israeli passport-holders will be denied entry.
Driving in Muscat
Renting a car to explore Muscat and its surroundings is far cheaper than taking a taxi, the other major form of transportation. Drivers in Oman are also more easy going than elsewhere on the Arabian Peninsula, though you may find road signs confusing. Invest in a GPS or satnav to make drivingas effortless as possible!
- Traffic drives on the right-hand side of the road throughout Oman.
- In cities and towns: 40 to 80 km/h
- On rural roads: 90 km/h or according to road conditions
- On motorways: 120 km/h
- Speed cameras regulate traffic throughout Muscat, other cities, and along the expressways.
- Street parking is metered throughout Muscat, costing OMR 0.10 for each 30-minute period. You have to pay for parking from 8 am to 1 pm and 4 pm to 9 pm everyday except weekends and holidays. Unauthorized parking is highly fined, so be sure to follow parking instructions!
- An international driver’s permit is necessary in addition to your domestic driver’s license and passport in order to rent and drive a car in Oman.
- The minimum driving age in Oman is 18, though you will have to be at least 21 years old to rent a car. Most agencies issue a young-driver surcharge for all drivers under the age of 25.
- There are significant regulations when crossing the border via rental car from Oman to the United Arab Emirates. Double-check these regulations with your rental company before you confirm any travel arrangements.
Cheap Car Rental in Muscat
Automobile hire in Muscat typically starts at around $24 a day. Here are some of the best deals in Muscat:
- Suzuki Swift Dzire or similar (economy class) – $24/day
- Mazda 2 or similar (compact class) – $27/day
- Honda Civic or similar (intermediate class) – $32/day
- Toyota Camry or similar (standard class) – $40/day
- Volkswagen Passat or similar (fullsize class) – $51/day
Note that prices vary depending on the availability of each specific car and the season in which you rent. For the most accurate offers, use the search bar above.
Tips for Renting a Car Inexpensively in Muscat
There is no seasonal variation in price for rental cars in Muscat. Instead, you can get the best deals by booking your car at a variety of agencies at the Muscat International Airport. InterRent and Thrifty offer the best prices year-round at their airport locations. These agencies typically beat the prices of agencies in other locations throughout the city by over $10 a day, particularly Hertz.
You can also typically save over $3 a day by extending your rental period to over a week. Be sure to look for discounts that drive prices down by at least 10%.