Iznomāt auto BrusselsSaņemšanas vieta
Iznomāt auto Brussels
Nomas vietas Brussels
Kāpēc izmantot EconomyBookings
Have a City Break in Beautiful Brussels
For a European summer vacation, Brussels can’t be beaten. This stunning city is located in Belgium in the north west of Europe. It was originally built as a large fortress to fend off aggressors, and later became a market town before finally blooming into the economic and political city that we know today. The city offers a huge range of exciting and sometimes bizarre attractions that will keep your days busy.
What to See in and Around Brussels
In Brussels itself there are a plethora of architectural and design marvels. The UNESCO World Heritage Site, Grote Markt, is one of the top attractions and is a beautiful market place, it’s also the main square in the city. Surrounding it are numerous elegant buildings that truly show what Brussels is all about. Right near here is the Town Hall, an equally marvelous structure that dates back to the early 1400s and is covered with intricate sculptures. Climbing to the top of the tower will reward you with panoramic views of the city.
There are also numerous attractions located just one hour outside of Brussels, the perfect distance for taking the car for a day trip. There are numerous castles dotted about the local countryside, though Gaasbeek Castle offers one of the most picturesque views and is located just nine miles from Brussels central. A longer journey to Stoomcentrum will reward visitors with a journey into the past at the Steam Train center. It can be found in Maldegem, a city that offers its own set of wonders. Other notable day trips include Ghent and Villers Abbey, both lesser-known attractions than the more famous Bruges.
How to Save On Car Rental
Prices on car hire will vary in Brussels depending on where the vehicle is picked up from, time of year, length of rental and car type. Prices on car rental can range from $23 per day down to $19 per day. The latter price reflects the vehicle being rented for a period of a week. There are a number of excellent deals currently available in Brussels, which are outlined here, though please note the quoted prices are for a weekly rental.
- Fiat 500 or similar (mini class) – $27/day
- Ford Fiesta or similar (economy class) – $28/day
- Fiat 500x or similar (compact class) – $31/day
- Citroën C4 Grand Picasso or similar (intermediate class) – $35/day
- Opel Insignia or similar (standard class) – $41/day
These prices also reflect specific dates and therefore prices may vary slightly depending on what dates are selected. In order to find the perfect car hire, simply use the search function on this page. Please note that these prices also refer to drivers over the age of 25.
Getting the Best Budget Car Hire
Brussels is a popular destination in Europe and with that in mind there are definitely peak seasons when the car hire companies can get very busy, so it’s a good idea to book in advance if you know your dates. There are numerous pickup locations across the city. The most popular, and most convenient, are the two airports and the railway station, though happily, the price does not vary much between locations. It is important to note at this point that returning the rental to the same pickup location is one of the first ways in which to save money.
With so many vehicle options available, Brussels is the perfect destination for last minute travelers as the rental rate does not vary whether the car is booked a week in advance or two months. However, it is still advisable to use our comparison site in order to ensure the best deal.
Other ways to save include the vehicle types; the smaller the car the cheaper the rate, with small cars sitting around $19 per day whilst the larger vehicles can be up to $25 per day. Renting for longer periods also lowers the price, with a vehicle rented for a week costing $19 whereas a car for the same start date but for just three days it will cost $38 per day, a significant jump.
Rules of The Road
- For mainland Europe, drivers should note that they must drive on the right-hand side of the road.
- Overtaking another vehicle may not be performed at a number of locations which include level crossings, intersections where a right-hand priority is observed, traffic ramps, or during inclement weather such as rain or snow.
- Priority is given to all vehicles coming from the right.
- Seatbelts must be worn at all times.
- Motorway speed limit is 75 miles per hour, built up areas 30 miles per hour and residential areas 12 miles per hour.
Rental Car Regulations
- Drivers must be over the age of 21 in order to rent a car and have held a license for a year.
- Vehicle insurance can vary so make sure to check the policy prior to signing an agreement.
- Fire and third-party insurance is required and will be included in all rental agreements.
- There are a number of countries into which a rental car from Belgium may not enter. These include Croatia, Estonia, Hungary, and Poland among others.
- Only some rental companies allow one-way rentals.