Car Hire in LarnacaWhere to pick up
Car Hire in Larnaca
Car rental locations in Larnaca
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Hire in Larnaca: Your Peaceful and Central Cyprus Getaway
Cyprus’s third-largest city, Larnaca offers visitors an excellent mixture of city sights and natural getaways. With some of the best beaches in Cyprus, Larnaca also boasts a medieval castle and the tranquil Salt Lake. Book a rental car in Larnaca to make this sweet city the base of your travels throughout Cyprus. Larnaca is especially well-suited for rental car travel of Cyprus, as it is located toward the middle of the island, which stretches about 250 kilometres from tip to tip. Here is a brief guide to driving in Cyprus and to finding the cheapest car hire in Larnaca.
Important Facts about Larnaca
Language: Greek and Turkish
- As Larnaca is located just over the border in the Greek side of Cyprus, Greek is the primary language of the city. However, many residents of Larnaca also speak fairly good English, particularly if they’re involved in the tourism industry. Most signs and restaurant menus will be available in both the Greek and Latin alphabets.
- Most restaurants and stores in Larnaca take major credit cards, as throughout the rest of the island. It is prudent to have some cash on hand, however. Note that if you travel over the border to Northern Cyprus, the currency is the Turkish lira.
Time Zone: Eastern European Time Zone, UTC+2
- Cyprus recognizes Daylight Savings Time in the summer.
- When you pick up your Larnaca car hire, remember that traffic drives on the left-hand side of the road.
Driver’s License Requirements to Hire a Car in Larnaca
Cyprus recognizes driver’s licenses issued by countries in the European Union, as well domestically issued driver’s licenses from a further 17 nations, as fully valid. All other drivers will be required to accompany their domestic driver’s license with an international driver’s permit. It is also prudent to carry your passport with you whenever you drive your rental car in Cyprus.
Get the Best Deal on Larnaca Auto Rentals at EconomyBookings.com
Rental cars in Larnaca are available in three locations: at the Larnaca International Airport (LCA), in downtown Larnaca, and via delivery to within city limits. Car hire in Larnaca starts as low as €9 a day, depending on the season in which you rent.
Tips for Cheap Car Hire in Larnaca, Cyprus
The price of rental cars in Larnaca varies by about €10 a day throughout the year. If you are visiting Larnaca in the popular summer months, you can expect car hire to start at €19 a day. These prices drop as low as €9 a day November through February!
In order to get the cheapest prices on rental cars in Larnaca, book your car within eight months of your arrival.
The cheapest rental cars in Larnaca are typically available at the Larnaca Airport, though you can often find comparable prices in downtown Larnaca as well. Whiz Car Rental and Thrifty Car Rental are among the car hire agencies that offer the cheapest rental car prices throughout Larnaca.
Keep an eye out for discounts of around 18% that drive the price of rental cars throughout Larnaca even lower!
Key Things to Remember After You Pick Up Your Larnaca Car Hire
Speed limits in Larnaca:
- The speed limits in Larnaca follow the standards of Cyprus, at 50 km/h in built-up areas and 100 km/h on highways. Keep an eye out for changes to these speed limits in pedestrian areas throughout Larnaca and on rural roadways.
Parking in Larnaca:
- Street parking is regulated by time and fee in central Larnaca. Most meters cost around €1 an hour.
- Car parks and garages are frequent throughout central Larnaca, providing an alternative to the hazards of parking on the street. While the municipal car parks may be cheaper, they tend to be full during business hours. You can almost always find parking spots at the Finikoudes and Ermou parking garages, however, where parking costs €1.90 for the first hour and €6 for a full day.
There are no toll roads on Cyprus.