Car Hire in Paphos在哪里拿起
Car Rental in Paphos: The Mythical Birthplace of Aphrodite
Paphos is a beautiful city located at the southernmost tip of Cyprus. Mythically remembered as Aphrodite’s birthplace, Paphos offers visitors ancient sights and the best of modern dining on top of some of the most beautiful Mediterranean beaches. After you explore Kato Paphos thoroughly, get in your rental car and head out to the nearby beaches, such as Petra Tou Romiou and Coral Bay. The Lara-Toxeftra Marine Reserve 12 kilometres from Paphos is also not to be missed—unless, of course, you’re travelling Cyprus between May and August when visitors are asked to steer clear in order for hatching turtles to make it into the sea. With this guide, we will help you find cheap car hire in Paphos.
Important Facts about Paphos
- Language: Paphos is located in the Greek part of Cyprus, so while Greek and Turkish are the two official languages of the island, you are likely to be surrounded by Greek-speakers in the city itself. English is widely spoken throughout Cyprus as well, especially in tourist areas like Paphos.
- Currency: Euro
- Paphos is in the Eastern European Time Zone, UTC+2
- When you hire your car in Paphos, remember that traffic drives on the left-hand side of the road.
Driver’s License Requirements for Car Rental in Paphos, Cyprus
People with driver’s licenses that have been issued by the European Union and seventeen other countries including the United States, Canada, and Japan are permitted to drive in Cyprus with no further paperwork, provided that they are at least 18 years old and their driver’s license is valid. All other drivers will need to carry an international driver’s license as well.
Get the Best Deal on Auto Rentals at EconomyBookings.com
Rental cars are available in three locations in Paphos. Car hire starts as low as €10 a day.
Tips for Cheap Car Hire in Paphos, Cyprus
- Depending on the season, car rental in Paphos is cheapest at either the Paphos International Airport (PFO), located just under 20 km from the city, or in downtown Paphos. It is worth your time to check car hire prices at both locations. Typically, you can find rental car rates as low as €10 a day at one location, if these economy car hire prices are not available at the other location.
- Especially if you are visiting the island in the busy summer season, we recommend that you book your car hire at least four months in advance, in order to ensure that you get the cheapest options and the most availability of rental cars in Paphos.
- There is some variation in the price of car rental in Paphos. In the summer, prices can get as high as €30! Particularly if you are visiting Cyprus in the off-season, starting in November, rental cars are especially cheap, dropping to around €10 a day.
- Keep an eye out for discounts of around 17% that make car hire in Paphos even cheaper!
Key Things to Remember When After You Receive your Car Hire in Paphos, Cyprus
- Parking in Paphos:
- While some street parking requires payment, there is a good deal of free street parking throughout Paphos, particularly if you are willing to walk longer distances into the city centre (Kato Paphos).
- There are also numerous car parks around the city, including at the harbour and next to Paphos Archaeological Park. If you are required to pay to park in this parking lot, you will find that the prices for parking are significantly cheaper than in continental Europe.
- There are no toll roads in Cyprus.
- Roads are typically quite narrow in Paphos and throughout the rest of Cyprus, so take your time adjusting to the fast pace of the locals. Just because they are in a rush doesn’t mean that you have to be!
Cars hired in south Cyprus may be taken across the border to north Cyprus without much problem at all. If you plan on circumnavigating the island with your rental car from Paphos, talk with the staff at your car hire agency to ensure that you have all the necessary paperwork should you be stopped at a checkpoint in Northern Cyprus. Cars hired in Northern Cyprus are typically not permitted to be driven into the south.