차량 렌탈 위치 Copenhagen
사용해야하는 이유 EconomyBookings
Car Rental in Copenhagen: most cosmopolitan City in Scandinavia
The Danish sensibility for design infuses Copenhagen, making it both a comfortable and aesthetically pleasing city to visit. You might find yourself just wanting to linger and take in centuries of cultural history made increasingly ergonomic. But don’t just stay in the city itself! Book your rental car today to give yourself comfortable and spontaneous access to the Danish countryside as well!
Denmark witnesses four distinct seasons without many extreme weather conditions; summer spans from about June to September. A rain jacket is recommended regardless of your travel dates, and the most comfortable months to visit Copenhagen itself are May, June, and September.
Danish is the official language of Denmark, though a vast majority of the population also speaks good English, and you’re likely to come across speakers of German and French as well.
Denmark is located in the Central European Time Zone, UTC+1.
The currency is the Danish krone, which is more or less pegged to the euro at 1 euro to around 7.5 kroner. ATMs are widely available in most towns and all large cities, though you may find that they are closed at night.
Automobile hire is available in 15 locations throughout Copenhagen, including downtown and many points of entry, such as the Copenhagen Airport located 7 kilometers south of city center; the central station located directly downtown; and the Copenhagen Cruise Port or Ocean Quay Cruise Terminal, located 7 kilometers north of city center.
Frederiksborg Castle is an excellent day-trip destination, located 40 minutes northwest of Copenhagen. Input “Frederiksborg Slot' or 'Møntportvejen” as your GPS destination to arrive at one of the two public parking lots near the estate.
As a member of the Schengen Area, Denmark accepts visitors from many countries visa-free for up to 90 days—regardless of time spent in a previous Schengen country. If you do need to apply for a visa, you can do so at a Danish consulate; if there isn’t one in your area, you can often also apply at a Swedish or Norwegian consulate instead.
Driving in Copenhagen
- Traffic drives on the right-hand side of the road in Copenhagen, as throughout continental Europe.
Typical Speed Limits
- In the city: 50 km/h
- On motorways: 130 km/h
- On rural highways: 80 km/h
- Denmark is a city built to reduce car traffic, meaning that streets are actually pretty navigable outside of rush hours.
- Save money on parking by taking advantage of parking lots outside of downtown and commuting like many Danes, either by bicycle, by foot, or by public transportation. If you’re planning on renting a car for the length of your stay in Copenhagen, be sure to book a hotel that can offer complementary off-street parking.
- If your driver’s license has been issued by a country outside of the European Union, the United States, Canada, or Australia, you should have an international driver’s permit in addition to your domestic driver’s license to rent and drive a car in Denmark.
- The only tolled roads in Denmark are bridges, the Storebæltsbroen (Great Belt Fixed link) between Zealand and Funen and the Øresundsbron (Oresund Bridge) between Copenhagen and Malmö. The tolls cost upwards of 200 kroner.
- While Danes can be licensed to drive as young as 18, you will likely have to be at least 21 years of age with a full year’s driving experience to rent a car in Denmark. You are also likely to be issued young-driver surcharges until the age of 25.
- Ask your rental company if they are providing you the tax-free price for your car, if your permanent residence is located anywhere outside of Denmark.
Cheap Car Rental in Copenhagen
Automobile hire in Copenhagen typically starts as low as $9 a day. Here are some of the best deals in Copenhagen:
- Volkswagen Polo or similar (economy class) – $15/day
- Ford Focus or similar (compact class) – $21/day
- Skoda Octavia or similar (intermediate class) – $34/day
- Toyota Avensis or similar (standard class) – $35/day
- Bmw 3 Series or similar (fullsize class) – $58/day
Note that prices vary depending on the availability of each specific car and the season in which you rent. For the most accurate offers, use the search bar above.
Tips for Renting a Car Inexpensively in Copenhagen
While there is very little seasonal variation in price for rental cars in Copenhagen, the location of where you pick up your car plays a big role in pricing. Rent from areas that offer the car rental brand Flizzr in order to save upwards of $10 per daily rental! Some convenient locations include the Copenhagen Airport and downtown Copenhagen.
You can also save more than $10 per daily rental at other locations by extending your rental period to over a week.
If you’re willing to risk it, you can also often save up to $3 per daily rental by booking a rental car for imminent travel. Wait to book until the week you leave in order to push your rental price down from $12 to $9 a day, depending on the availability of cars.