Car rental in HaifaLocalità di ritiro
Car rental in Haifa
Località di noleggio a Haifa
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental in Haifa: driving the industrial center of Israel
Haifa is often considered the industrial center of Israel, both for the refinery of oil and the production of the world’s leading technologies. Whether or not you are travelling for business, Haifa is worth a visit, offering spectacular sights, such as the Baha’i Gardens and nearby Mount Carmel, and numerous multicultural regions — not to mention excellent beaches. Make the most of your visit to Haifa by staying mobile via automobile hire. Book your rental car today!
To avoid the challenging heat of summer, visit Haifa during its warm and comfortable spring, from March through April.
Hebrew and Arabic are the official languages of Israel. English is widely spoken and most Israelis learn English in school. Many other European and Asian languages are also widely spoken throughout the country. In Haifa, in particular, Russian is spoken by about a quarter of the population. Highways signs throughout Israel are typically tri-lingual, in Hebrew, Arabic, and English.
Haifa is in the Israel Time Zone, UTC+3.
The currency is the Israeli shekel. Credit cards are accepted in most establishments and ATMs are widely available.
Automobile hire is available in downtown Haifa.
Haifa is a popular stop on numerous road trips throughout Israel. Make the most of your stay in northern Israel by heading to Rosh HaNikra (44 km away) via Akko (25 km north of Haifa).
Citizens from most countries in Europe, the Americas, and Oceania, as well as a number of African and East Asian countries can visit Israel visa-free for up to three months. If you’re planning on travelling on to a country with large Arab populations, be wary of receiving an Israeli border stamp directly in your passport. Citizens of other countries will have to apply for a visa before they arrive, so be sure to double-check visa regulations for your nationality before you depart.
Driving in Haifa
Driving in Haifa can be a challenge, with narrow streets and almost no grid infrastructure. Still, there are plenty of parking spots once you’ve gotten the hang of driving in the city, and a rental car is the best way to stay independent and comfortably mobile during your stay.
- Traffic drives on the right-hand side of the road in Haifa, as throughout the rest of the Arabian Peninsula.
- In the city: 50 km/h
- On undivided intercity highways: 80 km/h
- On divided intercity highways: 90 km/h
- On major freeways: 90 to 110 km/h
- Speed, parking, and other traffic laws and restrictions are strictly enforced by the Israeli police.
- Though the government has done much to cut down on traffic during morning and evening rush hours, it’s still highly recommended to avoid driving to and from Haifa between 6:30-9:30 AM and 3:30-6:30 PM Sunday through Thursday.
- Street parking is fairly hassle-free in Haifa, particularly if you can read the Hebrew that explains how the street meters work, which are typically located on the block on which you have parked. To avoid street parking altogether, take advantage of paid parking lots, or ask your hosts for their tips on the occasionally still free parking spots throughout the city.
- An international driver’s permit is recommended in addition to your valid driver’s license for renting and driving a car in Israel.
- The only toll roads in Israel are: Highway 6, the Carmel Tunnels, and the fast lane from Ben-Gurion Airport to Tel-Aviv. Have cash on hand to pay tolls at tollbooths, with the exception of Highway 6, which is tolled electronically. Electronic tolls will be added to your rental car fees.
- The minimum driving age in Israel is 17, though you will likely have to be at least 21 years old to rent a car and will face young-driver surcharges to the age of 25.
Cheap Car Rental in Haifa
Automobile hire in Haifa typically starts at around $15 a day. Here are some of the best deals in Haifa:
- Fiat Panda or similar (mini class) – $18/day
- Peugeot 107 or similar (economy class) – $19/day
- Hyundai I10 or similar (compact class) – $20/day
- Mitsubishi Lancer or similar (intermediate class) – $22/day
- Mazda 3 or similar (standard class) – $27/day
Note that prices vary depending on the availability of each specific car and the season in which you rent. For the most accurate offers, use the search bar above.
Tips for Renting a Car Inexpensively in Haifa
For the best prices for rental cars in Haifa, book your car 3 to 8 months in advance of your arrival. Provided you fall within this time range, Cal Auto can typically offer a wide variety of rental cars as low as $15 a day. As there is very little seasonal variation in the price for rental cars in Haifa, rent your car for the cheapest price by timing your booking perfectly.
You can also often save around $1 a day by extending your rental period to over a week. Keep an eye out for occasional discounts of around 15% that make automobile hire in Haifa even cheaper!