Car Rental in Spain Balearic IslandsWhere to pick up
Car Rental in Spain Balearic Islands
Popular car rental cities in Spain Balearic Islands
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental in Ibiza: the world famous party island
Ibiza is an excellent destination for people who love to party and people who love the rocky landscape of Mediterranean islands. There are few more picturesque places to have a good time within convenient distance of the continent. Make the most of your visit by thoroughly exploring the island via rental car during the day! There is plenty to see, as UNESCO indicated in 1999, by naming the island a World Heritage Site for its culture and biodiversity. Book your rental car today.
Most tourists visit Ibiza between May and October, when the beach bars are open. These bars become packed in July and August, when the number of parties sky rocket, so if the party scene is your goal for visiting the island, these are definitely the best (though also most expensive) months to visit. For much quieter surroundings and cheap accommodation, visit Ibiza in the cooler months, November to April.
Balearic Catalan is the official language of Ibiza, though Castilian Spanish is the primary colloquial language spoken across the island. All road signs will be in Balearic Catalan. English is generally well understood.
Ibiza is in the Central European Time Zone, UTC+1.
The currency is the euro and credit cards are widely accepted. ATMs are also frequently available. You may be asked to show your passport to confirm your identity when paying with a credit card, so it’s prudent to have it with you when you make purchases.
Cheap car hire in Ibiza is available in over 20 locations, including at the major ports of entry, the Ibiza Airport (IBZ) and Ibiza Port, as well as downtown. Looking for a car hire in San Antonio, Ibiza? It is also available!
As a member of the Schengen Agreement, Spain accepts visitors visa-free from countries such as the EU, Switzerland, New Zealand, and Australia. Citizens of other countries will be required to apply for a visa before they arrive and are permitted to stay for up to three months.
Driving in Ibiza
Drive defensively in Ibiza: locals drive very quickly, roads are not necessarily in the best condition, and tourists are known to drink-drive. If you keep an eye out for potential hazards, however, driving is the most enjoyable and convenient way to explore this fascinating and biodiverse island.
- Traffic drives on the right-hand side of the road throughout Ibiza.
- In towns: 50 km/h unless otherwise marked
- Outside of towns: 80 to 120 km/h
- Depending on the month in which you visit, parking is increasingly challenging in Ibiza. To park on the street, keep an eye out for blue or white lines, both of which indicate that parking is permitted. You have to pay to park in areas marked blue. Pay attention to signs that indicate when markets are occurring in parking lots in towns throughout Ibiza, as your car will be towed if you leave it parked there on the wrong day.
- An international driver’s permit is necessary for all travelers whose domestic driver’s licenses have been issued outside of the European Union.
- There are no toll roads on the island of Ibiza.
- The minimum driving age in Spain is 18, though most car rental agencies will require that you are at least 21 to rent. Drivers under the age of 25 are also likely to be issued young-driver surcharges.
Cheap Car Rental in Ibiza
Car hire in Ibiza typically starts at around $11 a day, but there are deals that drive this price down to below $1 a day! Here are some of the best deals in Ibiza:
- Smart Forfour or similar (mini class) – $2/day
- Volkswagen Polo or similar (economy class) – $3/day
- Peugeot 308 or similar (compact class) – $4/day
- Ford C-Max or similar (intermediate class) – $7/day
- Renault Scenic or similar (standard class) – $11/day
Note that prices vary depending on the availability of each specific car and the season in which you rent. For the most accurate offers, use the search bar above.
Tips for Renting a Car Inexpensively in Ibiza
There is some seasonal variation in price in Ibiza, primarily due to availability. If you want to book in advance, you can expect that your basic price will start somewhere around $11 a day. However, if you book your car from the Ibiza Airport 1 to 2 months before your arrival, it’s possible you’ll find deals as low as $0.80 or $2.00 a day!
The best location to book from to receive the most competitive prices and most variety in cars is the Ibiza Airport, where rental agencies such as Ok Rent a Car and Record GO offer unbeatably low prices. Particularly keep an eye out for discounts of up to 23% that drive rental car prices down even further.
If you are planning on renting a car for over a week, it is still recommended to wait to book until 1 or 2 months in advance of your arrival to receive the cheapest prices, rather than booking farther in advance.
Note, however, that if you are planning to arrive in July or August, it is prudent to book well in advance!