Car Hire in MajorcaLocalização de levantamento
Car Hire in Majorca
Locais de aluguer em Majorca
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental in Majorca: Discover the Diversity of this Popular Destination
Majorca (also spelled Mallorca) has overtaken Ibiza as the most popular Balearic Island in recent years. Like Ibiza, it offers visitor an exciting and almost constant party scene throughout the summer, particularly near Palma in the south and—especially for German tourists—Cala Ratjada in the north. But Majorca also promises visitors beautiful hikes along the Serra de Tramuntana and hidden pockets of Spanish island culture the farther inland you travel. Though you may have to drive slowly on the winding island roads, auto hire greatly eases exploration of Majorca. This guide will help you find the best car hire in Majorca.
Right-Hand Driving in Majorca
- When you hire your car in Majorca, remember that traffic drives on the right-hand side of the road.
Driver’s License Requirements for Car Hire in Majorca
Like all Spanish islands, Majorca requires that foreign drivers have a valid license in order to explore the island by car. If your license has been issued in an alphabet other than the Roman alphabet, you will also need to carry an international driver’s permit. Be sure to bring your passport on any road trips as well.
Get the Best Deal on Auto Rentals at EconomyBookings.com
Rental cars are available in over 35 locations across the island of Majorca. Car hire starts as low as €11 a day.
Tips for Cheap Car Hire in Majorca
- While some of the best deals on rental cars are available in Palma, Majorca, there’s so much else to see on the island. If you find yourself outside of Palma and you want to hire a car, there are many locations that continue to offer daily rental car prices below €25. These include numerous locations throughout Cala, in Can Picafort, Capdepera, Paguera, Puerto Pollenca, and Puerto de Soller.
- The companies that typically offer the cheapest auto hire in Majorca are OK Rent a Car and Hiper Rent a Car.
- Keep an eye out for rental car discounts in Majorca as high as 23%, which drive your EconomyBookings.com car hire price even lower.
- While you can often find excellent last-minute deals on rental cars in Majorca, particularly in the busy summer season, you will want to book your auto hire at least 1 or 2 months in advance in order to ensure that car rental will be available in your preferred location.
How to Find the Best Car Hire in Palma, Majorca
- EconomyBookings.com has over 10 rental car locations in and near Palma, Majorca, including in downtown Palma and at the port, as well as at the Arenal Riu Centre, on Avinguda de Gabriel Roca, and in nearby downtown Palmanova.
- Most visitors of Majorca arrive by airplane at the Palma de Mallorca airport (PMI), which is also an excellent location at which to pick up your rental car.
- Companies at OK Rent a Car and Centauro offer some of the best auto hire prices in Majorca. They are located at the airport.
- Goldcar at Majorca Paseo Maritimo also routinely offers rental car prices under €15 a day!
Key Things to Remember After You Book Your Car Hire in Majorca
- Speed limits in Majorca:
- 40 km/h in small villages
- 50 km/h in cities and built-up areas
- 90 km/h on rural highways
- 120 km/h on motorways
- Parking in Majorca: Illegal or incorrect parking is highly fined throughout Majorca, so be sure to consider the following tips after you pick up your rental car:
- Yellow lines indicate that no stopping or parking is permitted in this area.
- As on most Spanish islands, blue areas indicate that street parking must be paid for from a nearby parking ticket machine.
- If you are having trouble finding open parking spaces in Palma, there are numerous car parks near the old town that only charge €5 for a full day of parking. They are on Calle Manacor, next to the San Riera Park, and on Calle de Marquès de la Sènia. If you’re willing to walk a bit farther, you can also park for free at Son Fuster.
- The only toll road in Majorca is the tunnel connecting Palma and Soller. You can pay with cash or credit card.
- Be especially aware of cyclists as you drive the roads of Majorca in your rental car in March through June and September through November. If you see an individual cyclist or a group, slow down until you can safely pass them, leaving 1 meter between your hired car and the bicyclists.
Important Facts about Majorca
- The two official languages of Majorca are Catalan and Spanish, though most people speak dialects of Catalan. German and English are also widely spoken in tourist areas.
- Currency: Euro
- Majorca is in the Central European Time Zone, UTC+1.