Car Hire in LanzaroteWhere to pick up
Car Hire in Lanzarote
Car rental locations in Lanzarote
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental in Lanzarote: Home of the Famous Volcanic Caves
Lanzarote has long been a popular destination for visitors to the Canary Islands. While the southern part of the island has a well-established network of resorts to offer visitors gorgeous beaches and sunny relaxation, the northern part of the island offers visitors seemingly untouched wilderness and solitude. Make the most of your visit to Lanzarote by seeing the island as a whole with your auto hire. EconomyBookings.com can help you find the best car hire in Lanzarote!
Right-Hand Driving in Lanzarote
- When you hire your car in Lanzarote, remember that traffic drives on the right-hand side of the road.
Driver’s License Requirements for Car Hire in Lanzarote
All people with a valid driver’s license are permitted to drive a car in Lanzarote, though most rental car companies will require that you are at least 21 years of age in order to hire a car. If your driver’s license has been issued in a language that does not use the Latin alphabet, you will need to carry an international driver’s permit with you at all times as well.
Get the Best Deal on Auto Rentals at EconomyBookings.com
Rental cars are available in 9 locations throughout Lanzarote. Car hire starts as low as €10 a day in Lanzarote!
Tips for Cheap Car Hire in Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote
- There are numerous locations for you to pick up your rental car in and near Puerto del Carmen on Lanzarote, including at the Lanzarote Airport (ACE), in Arrecife, in downtown Puerto del Carmen, and at the Servicio harbour.
- Orlando Rent a Car typically offers the cheapest prices for auto hire in and near Puerto del Carmen.
- The cheapest locations to find economy rental cars in Puerto del Carmen are typically at the Lanzarote Airport, located 8 kilometres from downtown Puerto del Carmen, as well as in the city itself.
- Car hire in Puerto del Carmen typically starts at €10 a day.
How to Find the Best Car Hire in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
- EconomyBookings.com has three locations for rental car pickup in Playa Blanca: in the city itself, the Playa Blanca Port, and Puerto de Playa Blanca.
- The cheapest location to book your rental car in Playa Blanca is typically in the city itself. Choose “Lanzarote Playa Blanca” to find the best auto hire deals, starting as low as €10 a day.
Economy Car Hire in Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
- If you are staying in Costa Teguise and want to avoid the trip into Puerto del Carmen to pick up your rental car, you can book your auto hire from the nearby town of Arrecife, whether downtown or in the northern party of the town at Los Marmoles.
- Auto rental at Los Marmoles typically starts at around €30 a day.
Key Things to Remember After You Find Your Cheap Car Hire in Lanzarote
- Speed limits in Lanzarote:
- The typical speed limit in cities and built-up areas is 40 km/h
- The typical speed limit on motorways is 100 to 120 km/h
- Parking in Lanzarote:
- At most of Lanzarote’s tourist attractions, parking is free and accessible.
- You typically have to pay for street parking in downtown Puerto del Carmen and Arrecife. If you park in an area that is marked blue, look for the ticket machine to purchase your parking permit.
- If you visit Arrecife, Lanzarote’s capital city, there is a convenient parking lot next to Charco San Gines.
- There are a number of toll roads in Lanzarote, including on the highway to the beautiful beaches at Punta Papagayo. Tolls can be paid in cash or with major credit cards.
- Police checkpoints are frequent at intersections and roundabouts throughout Lanzarote. While you may not necessarily be stopped, be sure that everyone in your car is wearing a seatbelt, and do not drive if you have drunk alcohol. The blood alcohol limit in Lanzarote is quite low, at 0.05%.
- You can take a car ferry from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura, but most rental car companies have restrictions on ferry travel. Ask the people at your auto hire company’s desk about their regulations if you are interested in driving to Fuerteventura.
Important Facts about Lanzarote
- Language: Spanish. Many people working in tourism also speak good English, and menus are often available in Spanish, English, and German.
- Currency: Euro. While most major stores will accept major credit cards, it is prudent to have some cash on hand at all times.
- Lanzarote is located in the Western European Time Zone, UTC+0.