Car rental in KusadasiWhere to pick up
Car rental in KUSAdasi
Car rental locations in Kusadasi
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental in Kuşadası: traveling to the famous beach resort
The city of Kuşadası typically only has around 50,000 residents. That is, until tourist season arrives in May, when this Mediterranean resort town fills up. Insert some adventure into your relaxing visit to Kuşadası by exploring the region beyond the beaches via automobile hire! Make the most of your travels by booking your rental car in Kuşadası today.
The best weather—and also the period when finding the best spots on the beach is most competitive—occurs from May through October. There is not much going on in the city from November through April, and January is a particularly uncomfortable month to be outside in this region of Turkey.
Turkish is the only official language of Turkey, though about 10% of the population speaks Kurdish, and Laz and Arabic are frequently spoken along the northern and southern borders respectively. German, Dutch, French, and English are also likely to be spoken by hosts at hotels, tourist offices, and tourist attractions throughout Kuşadası.
Kuşadası is located in the Eastern European Time Zone, UTC+2.
The currency is the Turkish lira, and credit and debit cards are typically widely accepted in cities like Kuşadası that see a lot of tourist traffic. You will likely have to enter a pin number to use your credit or debit card. Having some cash on hand is also prudent; ATMs are available in cities and towns of any size.
Automobile hire is available in 2 locations throughout Kuşadası: downtown and at the Kuşadası Golf & Spa Resort.
Citizens of over 60 nations can visit Turkey visa-free for between 30 and 90 days depending on their nationality. Citizens of a further 50 nations can visit Turkey with an online visa (which can also be attained at your point of entry via kiosk for a somewhat higher fee) for between 30 and 90 days depending on nationality and visa status in Schengen, US, UK, or Irish states. Regulations are highly variable according to nationality, so be sure to consult the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs website before confirming any travel plans.
Driving in Kuşadası
While you won’t need to rent a car to explore Kuşadası itself, you will want the convenience and comfort of automobile hire for some excellent trips outside the city.
- Traffic drives on the right-hand side of the road throughout continental Europe.
- In the city: 50 km/h
- On rural two-lane highways: 90 km/h
- On motorways: 120 km/h
- Speed is regulated by frequent police speed traps, so be sure to stick to the limit. You may also be stopped randomly, so be sure to keep all your required documents on hand.
- Parking can be expensive at the most popular sights in the area, though street parking is available throughout the city. Ask your hosts or hotel staff for the most recent tips on where to safely and cheaply park your car in Kuşadası.
- While some European driver’s licenses are sufficient to drive and rent in Turkey, an international driver’s permit is often required. Keep it on hand in addition to your valid domestic driver’s license.
- Motorways, marked with green signs, are tolled throughout Turkey and are typically very well maintained. The closest tolled motorways to Kuşadası are around the city of Izmir, around 100 km to the north. Most motorways are now regulated electronically, though you should have some cash available for the occasional tollbooth.
- The minimum driving and rental age in Turkey is 18, though you are required to have held your license for a full year in order to rent, and some agencies may require you to be at least 21 years old. Drivers under the age of 25 are likely to face young-driver surcharges.
Cheap Car Rental in Kuşadası
Automobile hire in Kuşadası typically starts at around $15 a day. Here are some of the best deals in Kuşadası:
- Ford Fiesta or similar (mini class) – $19/day
- Renault Clio or similar (economy class) – $20/day
- Renault Symbol or similar (compact class) – $21/day
- Fiat Linea or similar (intermediate class) – $24/day
- Peugeot 301 or similar (standard class) – $26/day
Note that prices vary depending on the availability of each specific car and the season in which you rent. For the most accurate offers, use the search bar above.
Tips for Renting a Car Inexpensively in Kuşadası
There is some seasonal variation in price for rental cars in Kuşadası, with prices reaching their highest at around $30 a day May through September. It is recommended to book your rental car well in advance for this popular tourist season in order to ensure you receive the cheapest prices. Otherwise, you can typically book a car for between $16 and $25 a day throughout the year.
Some of the cheapest rental car companies in Kuşadası are HolidayAutomobile downtown and MedusaCars at the Gulf and Spa Resort.
Keep an eye out for occasional discounts of 8% and more to get even cheaper rental car prices. You can also typically save at least $1 a day by extending your rental period to over a week.