Car Rental at Los Angeles AirportWhere to pick up
Car Rental at Los Angeles Airport
Car rental locations in Los Angeles
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental at the Los Angeles Airport
The Los Angeles International Airport—or LAX for short—is the best location in Los Angeles at which to book your rental car. Avoid the stress of bad public transportation or the high cost of taxis after you land in Los Angeles and simply drive off in your LAX rental car. Here is a brief guide to finding the cheapest car rental at the Los Angeles Airport.
Important Facts about the Los Angeles International Airport
- Physical address:
1 World Way
Los Angeles, CA 90045, USA
- Website address: flylax.com
- Contact information:
o By telephone: (855) 463‑5252
o By email: email@example.com
- International Air Transport Association code: LAX
- The LAX Airport is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The Los Angeles International Airport is as sprawling as the city it serves. There are 9 terminals at LAX, Terminals 1 through 8 and Terminal B, also known as the Tom Bradley International Terminal. Terminals 1, 2, and 3 are only connected to the remaining terminals via shuttle bus, so it is especially prudent when flying back out of LAX to know exactly which terminal serves your departing airplane.
Get the Best Deal on Car Rentals at LAX at EconomyBookings.com
Car rental at the Los Angeles International Airport typically starts at around $40 a day. Over 6 car rental companies serve the LA Airport.
There are no rental car companies with counters located within LAX’s terminals, but numerous rental car companies are permitted to pick up their passengers directly from each terminal. The rental car companies that pick up passengers directly from LAX terminals include Avis, Budget, Dollar, Hertz, Sixt, and Thrifty.
To meet one of these rental car company shuttles, follow the signs to Baggage Claims, then exit the terminal on the lower level and look for a purple sign designated “Rental Car Shuttles” at one of the islands outside the terminal doors. Contact your rental car company to ask them how often their shuttle picks up LAX customers and be sure that their hours of operation correspond with your arrival and departure times.
If you would like to book your rental car from companies that are not permitted to send shuttles directly to the LAX terminals, such as Europcar, contact them in advance of your arrival to receive instructions for pick up.
Tips for Cheap Car Rental at the Los Angeles Airport
Sixt and Dollar are by far the cheapest rental car companies located at LAX, routinely offering customers prices under $47 year-round. For the best prices, book your LAX rental car at least three months in advance of your arrival.
Keep an eye out for discounts offered directly by EconomyBookings.com that make LAX rental cars more affordable. Discounts typically range between 8% and 23%. Thrifty is a rental car company that also often offers discounts of around 17%.
How to Return your Rental Car to the Los Angeles International Airport
Because there is no central area for rental cars at the Los Angeles Airport, be sure to note the address for your specific rental car company. Before you leave with your rental car, also ask them for an estimate of how long it takes for you to be transported from the rental car facility to the airport via shuttle after you return your rental car! Remember that returning a rental car can often take around 30 minutes, so you will want to schedule extra time to return your rental car and be transported back to LAX for your departing flight.
Where to Drive Next with your LAX Rental Car
Public transportation is infamously incomplete in Los Angeles, limiting the places to which you can travel without a rental car. For these reasons, it’s highly advisable to book a hotel or other accommodations that offer off-street parking, so that you don’t have any trouble stowing away your rental car whenever you don’t need it. While there’s plenty to see in Los Angeles itself, you may want to take a break from the city. Here are some nearby outdoor sights that aren’t to be missed:
- Check out the famous—but also quite comfortable—Laguna Beach, located 50 miles south of Los Angeles. The drive to Laguna Beach typically takes between 1 and 1.5 hours, depending on traffic conditions.
- Take in a very different kind of scenery at Ojai, located below Hines Peak 80 miles north of LAX. The drive to Ojai typically take 2 to 3 hours, depending on the traffic.
- To taste some classic California wine without making the long trip to Napa Valley, head to Temecula, located 100 miles southeast of LAX. The drive to Temecula typically takes 2 to 3 hours.