Car rental in Usa ConnecticutWhere to pick up
Car rental in USA Connecticut
Popular car rental cities in USA Connecticut
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Norwich, Connecticut, is full of interesting things to see and do. When you decide to go with a car rental in Norwich you can visit all that this famous city has to offer. Whether you are a fan of great food, museums, historical landmarks, nightlife, shopping or all of the above, you will find plenty on offer in Norwich.
Mohegan Park, for example, is a wonderful place to drive to. Once there, you can hike through glorious nature trails, have a picnic by the lake or even play a game of basketball in one of the courts within the park. The rose garden is particularly beautiful. There are over a hundred different varieties of roses to walk among, and the garden makes for a stunning backdrop to family photos. Norwich itself is known as the ‘Rose of New England’, and after a visit to Mohegan Park you’ll appreciate why.
For the ‘all American’ experience, head to Dodd Stadium and take in a baseball game. The stadium is home to the Connecticut Tigers, and if you’re visiting during baseball season (March to September), you might be lucky enough to see them play.
Traffic Regulations in Norwich
When you hire a car in Norwich there are a few things about driving in Connecticut that every driver must be aware of.
- The use of mobile phones is prohibited while driving unless a hands-free device is used.
- Every person in the vehicle must wear a seatbelt.
- Children under 8 years old must be fastened into an age-and-size-appropriate car seat or booster.
- U-turns are generally legal, unless there is a sign which posts otherwise.
- Foreign drivers may drive with a valid license from their own country for up to one year.
- Insurance is mandatory for all vehicles on the road.
- The speed limits vary depending on road type. Roads in towns and cities have a speed limit of 40 mph, unless stated otherwise. Highways going through cities and built-up areas have a speed limit of 55 mph, while highways in rural areas have a speed limit of 65 mph.
How to Get the Best Deal Possible
There is no question that renting a car can come with a fair bit of expense, but it doesn't always have to be expensive. In fact, there are plenty of ways that one can drive down the price of car hire in Norwich without sacrificing desirable features and services. Here are a few tips to help keep your next rental well within your budget.
The first recommendation is to book as early as possible. No matter what time of year you travel, making your booking as early as possible will always save you money; hiring a car at least 60 days in advance will usually mean you’ll get a much better deal.
Another thing to keep in mind when you are looking for cheap car hire in Norwich is that different times of year come with different rates. Travelling during peak times is always going to be more expensive. Peak times in Norwich include the warmer summer months as well as holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving. Avoiding these times will help you get lower rental rates, but you can still find great rates by looking early enough.
The location that you rent from should also be a key consideration. Depending on the car hire company; there can be different rates when a rental car is taken from specific locations. Some companies offer lower rates from their airport branches, while others charge more. It is a good idea to compare the prices of all available locations before you decide on a car.
Choosing an economical vehicle can also save a lot of money. While it may be tempting to opt for size and comfort when hiring a car in Norwich, going for a smaller-sized car is much more affordable. Not only will the cost-per-day be low, but you will also spend considerably less on fuel.
Don’t Forget To Ask For These Useful Extras
Even when you are looking for a great deal on a rental car, it is not necessary to give up on some of those comforts that make driving such a pleasure. When hiring your car, don't forget to check out some of the add-on options that the various rental car providers offer.
- GPS units are obviously very helpful, and they can usually be added to any rental car.
- Child seats of various sizes and types are always available.
- Passes for local parks, parking and tolls can often be provided.
- Insurance policies that go beyond standard liability insurance cover always help bring some peace of mind.
- Loss and damage waivers can save you a lot of money if anything were to happen to the rental car or your belongings inside the vehicle.