Car Rental at Miami airport (MIA)Where to pick up
Car Rental at Miami airport (MIA)
Car rental locations in Miami
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental at the Miami Airport
The Miami International Airport offers all the people who arrive through its gates the opportunity to thoroughly explore everything that southern Florida has to offer. While you can easily get to downtown Miami and Miami Beach using public transportation (primarily buses and trams) from the Miami Airport, you will certainly want to rent a car to see more than just the city, including the jaw-dropping Everglades and a road trip through the Keys. Key West—the southernmost point of the continental United States—is located just 160 miles south of the Miami Airport along a very cool connection of bridges and well-maintained roads. Stay mobile and independent with your Miami Airport rental car. Here is a brief guide to finding the cheapest rental cars at the Miami International Airport.
Important Facts about the Miami International Airport
- Physical address:
2100 NW 42nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33126, USA
- Website address: www.miami-airport.com
- Contact information:
o By telephone: call (305) 876-7000 and choose option #7 from the menu for Airport Information.
o You may also find the Miami Airport Frequently Asked Questions webpage helpful: http://www.miami-airport.com/faqs.asp
- International Air Transport Association code: MIA
- The Miami International Airport is open 24/7, though security lines will close in the middle of the night when no flights are departing within the next 2 hours.
- The Miami International Airport is formed in an upside-down U out of three interconnecting terminals, the North Terminal (for D gates), the Central Terminal (for E, F, and G gates), and the South Terminal (for H and J gates).
Get the Best Deal on Miami International Airport Car Rental at EconomyBookings.com
Car rental at the Miami Airport starts as low as $9 a day during special deals. Typically Miami Airport rental cars start at $17, regardless of the season in which you rent. Over 20 car rental companies serve the Miami International Airport.
Pick Up Your Rental Car at the Miami Airport Rental Car Center
There are no longer any car rental companies with counters located directly inside the airport terminals. Instead, you can conveniently take the MIA Mover to the nearby Miami Airport Rental Car Center, located about one mile east of the terminals themselves. You can reach the MIA Mover location by walking to the 3rd level Skyride bridge between the Dolphin and Flamingo garages.
The car rental companies located at the Miami Airport Rental Car Center include: Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, E-Z Rent a Car, Hertz, National, Payless, and Sixt.
Rental Cars Near the Miami Airport
Car rental companies with service locations near the Miami Airport include ACE Rent a Car, addCar Rental, Easirent, Fox Rent a Car, Green Motion, Right Cars, and Economy Bookings. To pick up your car hire from these car rental companies, contact them before you arrive. Many will send a shuttle to pick you up outside the Rental Car Center.
Tips for Cheap Car Rental at the Miami Airport
Car rental at the Miami Airport is typically quite cheap, thanks to companies like E-Z Rent and Green Motion. Particularly if you are travelling to Miami in the off-season, book your rental car last minute in order to receive excellent deals while economy rental cars are available.
How to Return your Miami Car Rental to the Airport
The Miami Airport Rental Car Center is located at 3900 NW 25th Street, Miami, FL 33142. Once you enter the general area of the Miami International Airport, simply follow signs to the Rental Car Center, then park in the appropriate spot for your rental car company.
Returning a rental car at the Miami Airport can take around 30 minutes at the busiest times of the day. Be sure to schedule extra travel time to the Miami Airport in order to ensure you can return your rental car, take the MIA Mover back to the Airport, and go through security without undue stress!
Key Things to Remember When You Rent a Car at the Miami Airport
- Traffic drives on the right-hand side of the road.
- Speed limits in the city of Miami and in Miami Beach range between 20 and 25 miles per hour (32 to 40 kilometers per hour). The speed limit on the local interstates is typically 55 mph until you leave the city itself.
- Many highways are tolled throughout Florida. The toll roads closest to the Miami International Airport are the Florida Turnpike and Alligator Alley, which is the section of 1-75 that connects Miami with Naples. The Florida Turnpike exits in the Miami region do not accept cash, so be sure to have a major credit card available when you reach the toll booths. Ask your rental car company if they have outfitted your car with a SunPass to save you time and money while driving the Florida’s toll roads.