Car Rental in WaikikiAnmietstation
Car Rental in Waikiki
Mietwagen-Stationen in Waikiki
Warum Buch mit EconomyBookings
Rent a Car in Waikiki, Hawaii: land of the eternal sun and golden beaches
Nodiv does vacation quite like Hawaii. Land of the eternal sun and surf, it offers an idyllic getaway from our mundane routines and claustrophobic city lives. The island is blessed with some gorgeous water bodies that will seduce you to strip to your bare essentials and embrace the cool blue ocean waters.
Hawaii, however, is more than just about its beaches. There are Zen-inspiring hiking trails through wooded paths that cocoon you with their peace and serenity. You can catch a glimpse of the open horizon as you trek along, making the effort totally worth it. Or, you could simply set up shack on the golden Waikiki beach, open a chilled beer can and gaze at the soothing waves.
With such a diverse range of activities to choose from, Hawaii and its many islands, especially Honolulu, should be explored and treasured. An easy way to do this is by renting a car.
Getting Around Easy
Having a car at your disposal is a surefire way of making your Hawaii vacation a memorable one. For one, it gives you the freedom and flexibility to roam and wander as and when you choose to do so. You can even go off the beaten path and explore new sights and sounds.
One of the best features of renting a car is that you can choose one that matches your preference and style. There are a number of options, right from quirky two-seaters to the bigger SUVs. You will be spoilt for choice. And it gets better…
Budget, Budget, Budget
Budget is probably the most important word that any traveller or tourist wants to hear. A budget decides how much fun you can or cannot have. The good news is that car rentals in Honolulu can be found according to whatever budget you are on. If this sounds too good to be true, read on…
There are a few factors that decide how much you pay for the rental. Two people may end up paying two different prices for the very same car. Here’s a quick look at how you can beat the system:
- Go Off Season. Going off season is the best piece of advice any traveller worth their salt will pass on to you. There are, indeed, many perks of visiting Honolulu during the off season. The months we are talking about are from September to November. The weather is mild and yet still offers enough sun for you to bathe in. The rates are low - the most important thing - leading to better deals and more features available for the same price range.
- Check Prices. Before you zero in on the vehicle of your choice, do compare the prices across various dealers. There are established rentals who may offer a better discount over a more established brand, like Hertz. There are websites too that offer coupons for a more budget friendly rental experience. You could also tap into resources such as the AAA and AARP for deals. For an out-of-the-box solution, try Craigslist; but it does come with a ‘buyer-beware’ rider.
- Pickup Locations. Where you pick your car up from also plays an important role. Most of us probably opt for the tried and tested airport pickup. And it is a good option. However, there may be other locations in the city that offer a better deal. For instance, the Waikiki beach is often listed as a pick up point and could offer a reduction in the rental overhead.
- The Extras. This is where most rental agencies milk their customers for extra cash. But not when we are around. The first thing that you must check is whether you actually need additional insurance coverage. Then there are the dirt and damage fees, which can be easily avoided by taking pictures of the car from many angles when you rent it and giving the car a good wash before you return it.
Cheap Car Rental in Waikiki
Now we have come to the business end of the article. Here’s presenting the best deals that are on offer in Waikiki based on a 7 day rental in December:
- Kia Rio (economy class) - $40 per day
- Nissan Versa (compact class) – $41 per day
- Hyundai Elantra (intermediate class) - $44/day
- Hyundai Sonata (standard class) - $45 per day
- Kia Optima (fullsize class) - $50 per day
Now that you are all ready to pack your bags and come to Waikiki, here is what you will need to pick up your rental car:
- Credit card
- 2 valid IDs
- Travel ticket that coincides with the rental period.
Save Money When You Rent a Car in Waikiki
We leave you with some tips and pointers on how to land the cheapest car rental in Waikiki:
- Book for a week, at least. This will reduce the rental rates from, say, $22 to $18 per day.
- Go for a bigger car. They are often cheaper.
- Check for the upgrades on offer. Do not pay for features that you may not need. GPS, for instance, because you have it on your phone. Avoid pre-payment. Rates fluctuate so you may get a better deal at the actual time of rental.