Car Rental at Minneapolis-Saint Paul Airport (MSP)Where to pick up
Car Rental at Minneapolis-Saint Paul Airport (MSP)
Car rental locations in Minneapolis
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental at Minneapolis Airport: Explore the Land of 10,000 Lakes
A quintessential Midwestern city, Minneapolis often ranks high in many lists of top US cities to live in. Along with St. Paul, it is one of Minnesota state’s Twin Cities that is intersected by the Mississippi River. It has a growing arts, festival and food scene, as well as many parks and landmarks to visit. Minneapolis stands for 10,000 lakes, which means that in good weather, residents and visitors can flock to the water for all manner of water activities that will appeal to everyone. To make your visit to Minneapolis easier, here’s a quick guide on getting a car rental at Minneapolis-St Paul airport.
Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport general information
- Physical address:
4300 Glumack Drive
St. Paul, MN 55111
7150 Humphrey Drive
Minneapolis, MN 55450
- Website address: https://www.mspairport.com/
- Contact information:
o By telephone: 612.726.5555 (Lindbergh) or 612.726.5555 (Humphrey)
o By email: use the contact form on the airport website.
o Live chat: Available between 8AM and 10PM. After hours questions will be answered on the following business day.
- International Air Transport Association code: MSP
- The Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- There are two terminals that are connected by a light rail transit service. Terminal 1, Lindbergh has seven concourses (A-G). Terminal 2, Humphrey, consists only of concourse H for now.
- Airlines that use MSP airport as a hub: Delta (Concourse A, B, C, D, F, G), Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Frontier, Spirit and United Airlines (Concourse E), Air France and KLM (Concourse G), Air Choice One and Boutique Air (Concourse B) and JetBlue, Icelandair, Condor, Southwest and Sun Country (Concourse H).
MSP Airport car rental made easy on EconomyBookings.com
There are 11 auto rental companies that service the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
On average, rates start at $50 per day for a five day rental, but the price per day is less for longer term rentals and during off-peak season.
Look out for discounts and promo codes on EconomyBookings.com that could drop the prices even low-er.
Avis, Budget Dollar, Hertz, National, Sixt and Thrifty are your best bets for finding cheap car rental at Minneapolis airport.
Where to find car rental service locations
On airport companies include: Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty. Counters of these companies are available at both terminals.
At Terminal 1-Lindbergh, counters are on the second and third floors, between Blue and Red parking ramps. Take the underground tram to access the ramps.
At Terminal 2-Humphrey, counters are within the Ground Transport Center. Find them on the ground floor of the Purple parking ramps, opposite the terminal building.
Off airport companies are Payless and Sixt. Free shuttle buses are available from Terminal 1-Lindbergh Transit Center. Hop onto the underground tram to access the Transit Center and go up one floor via esca-lator or elevator. Car rental locations can be found between the blue and red parking ramps.
Returning your rental car at MSP Airport
- Follow the signs off the highway that indicate car rental return. Ask about return procedures on the day that you first pick up your rental car.
- Plan ahead on the day your drop-off. Don’t take any long road trips in case of any delays that may cause you to miss your return time.
- Allocate at least 3 hours before boarding to return the car, check-in and queue for TSA proce-dures. There may be long lines or delays.
Key things to keep in mind when driving in Minneapolis
- Traffic drives on the right-hand side of the road throughout the United States.
- Follow speed limits and no passing signs while driving on bridges.
- Do not block an intersection.
- You are not allowed to text and drive, even when parked at a red light signal.
Road trips to take around Minneapolis
While in Minneapolis, take advantage of its proximity to other noteworthy Midwestern sights:
- Niagara Cave (130 miles southeast of the airport).
- Wild Mountain, for winter sports (60 miles northeast of the airport).
- Duluth, for a visit to Lake Superior (163 miles north of the airport).
- Taylors Falls, for Midwestern outdoor adventures (57 miles north of the airport).
- Forestville/Mystery Cave State Park (118 miles southeast of the airport)