Аренда авто в ArubaМесто получения
Аренда авто в Aruba
Популярные города для аренды авто в Aruba
Car Rental in Aruba: a tiny island of vibrant resorts
This autonomous island member of the Kingdom of the Netherlands is the seat of the some of the world’s most popular beaches. While most visitors to tiny Aruba arrive by cruise ship or stay put in the island’s many and vibrant resorts, make the best of your visit by driving to the island’s remotest ends. These more isolated and intimate beaches also feature some of the best snorkeling around, featuring numerous ship - and airplane! - wrecks. Book your car today to explore Aruba thoroughly and see much more than the average visitor.
The temperate in Aruba stays almost constant year round at a comfortable 27 degrees Celsius. As Aruba is well protected and out of the path of most hurricanes, it truly is an island ideal to visit at any time.
The official languages of Aruba are Dutch and Papiamento. English and Spanish are also widely spoken.
Aruba is located in the Atlantic Time Zone, UTC-4.
The local currency is the florin, which is typically equivalent to the 1 US dollar at between 1.75 to 1.80 florins. Credit cards are widely accepted, particularly in tourist-heavy locations. ATMs widely accept credit and debit cards that feature the Cirrus or Visa Plus logos.
Unless you are arriving via cruise ship at the cruise port in Oranjestad, you will most likely arrive by air at the Reina Beatrix International Airport, just 2 km (1 mi) south of the city. This is an excellent place to pick up your rental car, though cars are also available throughout Oranjestad. You can also rent cars in Noord, Palm Beach, and Eagle Beach.
Though affiliated with the Netherlands, the Schengen Agreement does not apply to Aruba; nevertheless most citizens of countries that can visit Schengen areas also require no visa to visit Aruba, oftentimes for more than 30 days. To be permitted entry to Aruba, you will require:
- A passport valid for the length of your stay
- If you are a citizen of a country that does require a visa to enter, you will need to have this visa sticker in your passport at the time of entry
- A completed and signed Embarkation and Disembarkation card
- A ticket indicating your return or further travels from Aruba
- Documents indicating your right to travel or return to your next destination
- Documents indicating where you will be staying in Aruba
- Documents indicating you have enough funding to finance the entirety of your stay
Driving in Aruba
The majority of the roads in Aruba are paved and two lane. Signs and road markings will look familiar to drivers coming from Europe.
- Traffic proceeds on the right-hand side of the road throughout Aruba.
- The only four-lane divided highway on the island is the Sasakiweg, which links Oranjestad to Palm Beach. The speed limit is 80 km/h (50 mph), which drops to 40 km/h (25 mph) at roundabouts.
- Speed limits outside of towns is typically 80 km/h.
- In towns, the speed limit is typically 40 km/h.
- Particularly when tourist season is at its high, you are likely to experience traffic jams north of Oranjestad. If you’d rather keep moving, you can take any number of detours to see more of the island rather than just the bumper ahead of you, but you can expect to be on the road for around an hour.
Driver’s License Requirements
- All citizens from countries who have signed the Geneva Convention on Road Traffic are generally permitted to drive in Aruba. International driver’s permits are necessary for all drivers whose domestic driver’s licenses have not been issued in English.
- Road signs are rare throughout the island, so it is highly recommended to bring a GPS or satnav or ask your rental company to equip your car with one.
Cheap Car Rental in Aruba
Automobile hire in Aruba typically starts at around $24 a day. Here are some of the best deals in Aruba:
- Hyundai I10 or similar (economy class) – $25/day
- Kia Rio or similar (compact class) – $37/day
- Hyundai Accent or similar (compact class) – $38/day
- Toyota Yaris or similar (economy class) – $39/day
- Mitsubishi Lancer or similar (intermediate class) – $40/day
Note that prices vary depending on the availability of each specific car and the season in which you rent. For the most accurate offers, use the search bar above.
Tips for Renting a Car Inexpensively in Aruba
Like the weather, prices don’t range much for car rental in Aruba; a basic car is available for around $36 from almost any location across the island.
By far the cheapest location to rent a car is at the Oranjestad airport. Whether you fly into the island or not, consider renting here to save up to $9 each day you rent!
Book your car one to four months before your intended arrival in order to save the most money; booking your car far in advance often means more expensive prices in Aruba.
ACE Rent a Car and All Drive Car Rentals are the cheapest rental car agencies in Aruba.