Car rental in LimassolWhere to pick up
Car rental locations in Limassol
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental in Limassol: the main port of Cyprus
Europe’s southernmost city, Limassol, offers visitors all the best of travel, from ancient sites to wonderful beaches to adventure parks. While it’s unlikely you will need a car to explore Limassol itself, make the most of your visit to Cyprus by staying mobile and exploring the Greek and Turkish offerings of the island! Book your rental car today.
Limassol is actually fairly comfortable to visit year-round. Even though winter is never that extreme in Limassol, however, the weather is typically too chilly to enjoy the beach December through February. The hottest season in Limassol arrives in July and August, when you can expect the beaches and tourist attractions to be particularly full.
The official languages of Cyprus are Greek (primarily in the south) and Turkish (primarily in the north). English is also widely spoken, and you’re likely to come across speakers of French, German, and Russian as well. Greek, Turkish, and Romani, in particular, are spoken by the residents of Limassol.
Cyprus is located in the Eastern European Time Zone, UTC+2.
As in many other European countries, the currency in Cyprus is the Euro. ATMs are typically frequently available. In Limassol, stores are typically open Monday through Friday 9 AM to 1 PM and 2 PM to 7 PM.
Automobile hire is available in 5 locations throughout Limassol, including downtown, at the Belmar Complex, and at the port.
Citizens of 60 nations and territories are permitted to enter Cyprus visa-free as tourists for a period of up to 90 days with passports that are valid for the length of their stay. All other nationalities will have to apply for a tourist visa at a Cyprus Consulate in advance of their departure to the island.
Note that you will also likely be required to fill out visa forms to travel between north and south—or Turkish and Greek—Cyprus. While this is typically achieved through filling out a very basic visa form on the spot, double-check visa regulations for your nationality if you plan on cross-island travel.
Driving in Limassol
Though roads can get quite packed in and around Limassol, particularly during morning and evening rush hours, hiring a car is the best way to stay mobile and get to all the spectacular sights of the island, whether you plan to travel near or far.
- Like most British Commonwealth countries, traffic drives on the left-hand side of the road throughout Cyprus.
Typical Speed Limits
- In the city: between 30 and 50 km/h
- On rural roads: 65 to 80 km/h
- On highways: 100 km/h
- Street parking can be quite competitive in Limassol, particularly when workers arrive to the city in the morning or during the busiest months of tourist season. Take advantage of car parks to park your rental car safely and without too much stress, or ask your hosts for tips on the cheapest and best parking spots in Limassol.
- Domestic driver’s licenses are recognized as fully valid from 17 nationalities in addition to European Union countries in Cyprus; all other drivers should accompany their licenses with an international driver’s permit valid for the length of their stay.
- There are no toll roads in Cyprus.
- Inhabitants of Cyprus can be licensed to drive as young as 17 and a half years old, though you will have to be at least 21 years old to rent a car. You can expect to pay young-driver surcharges until the age of 25.
Cheap Car Rental in Limassol
Automobile hire in Limassol typically starts at around $10 a day. Here are some of the best deals in Limassol:
- Suzuki Alto or similar (mini class) – $12/day
- Nissan Micra or similar (economy class) – $14/day
- Kia Ceed or similar (compact class) – $15/day
- Chevrolet Cruze or similar (intermediate class) – $21/day
- Ford Mondeo or similar (standard class) – $31/day
Note that prices vary depending on the availability of each specific car and the season in which you rent. For the most accurate offers, use the search bar above.
Tips for Renting a Car Inexpensively in Limassol
There is some seasonal variation in price for rental cars in Limassol, but even if prices rise to around $40 a day during the summer tourist season at one rental location, you may be able to rent a car for the cheap price of $14 at another location. In other words, regardless of when you plan to arrive in Limassol, browse through each of the automobile hire locations on our website to ensure that you receive the cheapest rental car price.
For instance, Whiz Car Rental and Economy Bookings typically offer unbeatable prices at their downtown locations, though EuropCar can occasionally meet these prices at their Belmar Complex location. Keep an eye out for discounts of around 15% that make car rental in Limassol especially cheap!
You can also often save money—between $6 and $15 a day—by extending your rental period to over a week!