If you plan to come to scenic Russia, you need to plan your itinerary in advance. Russia is best travelled on a car, and that’s the reason most tourists love booking a car here. Car rentals in Russia are easy to find as there are many companies operating in the entire region. Before booking a car rental, take a look at some tips given below.
1. If you plan to book car rental without a driver, you may be making a wrong decision. The routes can sometimes be exhaustive, and you must ensure that you take a driver with you at all times.
2. Unless needed, do not book large cars. Small cars are easy on the pocket. Contact car rental companies in Russia to know the kind of vehicles you have for choice. If you are travelling with a large group, you can consider taking a minivan.
3. Car rentals are costly in Russia, especially at the airports. Hence, you might consider booking a car from the main city. Use the online booking options to get a car from the airport. It is likely that you will have to pay a little extra.
4. If you are new to Russia, do not hesitate in taking help from others. Do as much research as you can, and if needed, book your car in advance. Most car rentals in Russia can be done online where you can make advance bookings. Apart from convenience, you can also expect to get decent discounts on the services.
5. Ensure that you have driving license and credit card with you. Payments are accepted mostly on cards by a majority of rentals. Car rental insurance is a must for every booking. This will help to cover expenses caused by accidents and collisions. Also, ensure that you have all the maps with you.