Car Hire in TenerifeLugar de recogida
Car Hire in Tenerife
Puntos de alquiler en Tenerife
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental in Tenerife: The Largest of the Canary Islands
Just larger than 2000 square kilometres, Tenerife offers visitors an incredible array of landscapes, from gorgeous coastlines to the desert volcano slopes of Teide National Park and the lush and craggy Masca Valley. The largest of the Canary Islands, Tenerife is the perfect island to explore by rental car. With this guide, EconomyBookings.com will help you find the best car hire in Tenerife!
Right-Hand Driving in Tenerife
- When you hire your car in Tenerife, remember that traffic drives on the right-hand side of the road.
Driver’s License Requirements for Car Hire in Tenerife
You will need a valid driver’s license from any nation to rent a car in Tenerife. Most rental car companies will require that you are at least 21 years old in order to hire a car. If your driver’s license has not been issued in the Latin alphabet, you must also carry an International Driver’s License. Be sure to carry your passport and license at all times while driving.
Find Cheap Car Hire in Tenerife at EconomyBookings.com
Rental cars are available in over 15 locations throughout Tenerife. Car hire starts as low as €10 day on Tenerife.
Tips for Cheap Car Rental in Tenerife
- To find the best car hire in Tenerife, browse through EconomyBookings.com’s numerous locations across the island. The cheapest locations to pick up your auto hire are typically at the North (TFN) and South Airports (TFS), in Puerto de la Cruz, and in and near Costa Adeje. See more information on finding the best economy rental car in Costa Adeje, Tenerife below.
- Orlando Rent a Car typically offers the cheapest car hire options throughout Tenerife.
- You can often save at least €3 a day by booking your rental car at least 1 month in advance of your arrival.
Tips for the Best Car Hire in Costa Adeje, Tenerife
- Car rental is available in numerous locations in and near Costa Adeje, including Tenerife South Airport (TFS), at Playa de las Americas, Los Cristianos, and in the city of Costa Adeje itself.
- It is worth your time to browse all of the Costa Adeje locations for the cheapest rental car in Tenerife, as prices vary depending on location and season. The airport and Playa de las Americas typically offer the best economy auto hire in Tenerife.
- Orlando Rent a Car and Goldcar are rental car companies that typically offer the cheapest auto hire in Costa Adeje, Tenerife.
- Keep an eye out for EconomyBookings.com discounts of 10% and more that drive the price of rental cars in Costa Adeje even lower!
Key Things to Remember After You Pick Up Your Car Rental in Tenerife
- Speed limits in Tenerife:
- In cities and residential areas: 50 km/h
- On rural single-carriage highways: 90 to 100 km/h
- On motorways and dual-carriage highways: 120 km/h
- Parking in Tenerife:
- Street parking is free at the major resorts throughout Tenerife, though the streets are typically quite full.
- Do not park if the curb or street is painted yellow or white. In areas marked as blue, you will be required to pay for street parking.
- If you are having trouble finding convenient street parking, take advantage of frequent and typically inexpensive parking garages.
- If someone has blocked you in by double-parking, wait a bit to see if they return quickly. If you’re in a hurry, let them know by hocking or beeping your horn.
- Residents of Tenerife often park chaotically and illegally, but there is no reason for you to follow suit. Parking garages are rarely full.
- There are no toll roads in Tenerife.
- Because roads are often narrow on the island of Tenerife, it is important to understand right-of-way signs. If you see a forward-pointing arrow on your side of the road, you have the right of way. If you see an upside-down triangle on your side of the road, you must yield right of way.
Important Facts about Tenerife
- Language: The language of Tenerife is Spanish, though the accent is more similar to the Spanish of the Caribbean and of South America than to the Spanish spoken in Spain.
- Currency: The currency is the euro. While resorts and other large shops will likely accept credit cards, it is recommended that you carry cash for all other transactions. Take advantage of ATMs throughout the island in order to withdraw euros.
- Tenerife is in the Western European Time Zone, UTC+0.
While there is a car ferry that travels from Santa Cruz de Tenerife to Gran Canaria, it is unlikely that your auto hire company will permit you to take your rental car onto the ferry. Speak with the people at the front desk when you hire your car to find out what their regulations are.