Car Rental in USA IndianaWhere to pick up
Car Rental in USA Indiana
Popular car rental cities in Usa Indiana
Why use EconomyBookings.com
Car Rental in Evansville: Indiana’s popular “River City”
Located in southeastern Indiana, Evansville is a popular metropolis for residents of Illinois, Indiana, and Kentucky alike. A comfortable city to visit, your tour of the “river city” would be incomplete without a trip to Tropicana, Indiana’s first riverboat casino. Make the most of your visit to Evansville by planning a few road trips into its sensational rural surroundings as well. Book your rental car today!
Winters are mild and summers quite hot in Evansville, making spring and fall comfortable seasons to visit the city. Nevertheless, Evansville witnesses the most tourist traffic in June and July each year.
The de facto national language of the United States is English, and the vast majority of Evansville’s residents speak English as a native language. About 7% of residents are native Spanish speakers. Shawnee is the major language spoken by Evansville area’s original indigenous inhabitants.
Evansville is located in the Central Time Zone, UTC-6.
The currency throughout the United States is the dollar. Credit cards are accepted at the vast majority of businesses and ATMs are also quite easily found.
Car hire is available in 3 locations throughout Evansville: Evansville Regional Airport (EVV), downtown, and east Evansville.
Take a day trip to Historic New Harmony (26 miles northwest) for an excellent presentation of one of the many utopian communities that were founded throughout the American Midwest in the 1800s.
38 nationalities can enter the United States as tourists without applying for a visa, though if you are among these nationalities, you are still required to fill out the ESTA in advance. Visit esta.us for more information. Visitors to the United States will be fingerprinted and biometrically photographed upon entry. If your nationality is not included in the visa-waiver program, you will be required to apply for a B-1 or B-2 visa in advance of your arrival.
Driving in Evansville
With its grid-like infrastructure and wide Midwestern streets, Evansville is an excellent city to navigate by car.
- Traffic drives on the right-hand side of the road throughout North America.
- On rural interstates: 70 mph (110 km/h)
- On urban interstates: 55-65 mph (90-105 km/h)
- In the city: 30 mph (48 km/h)
- In order to avoid getting stuck in traffic, plan to stay off the roads during morning and evening rush hour, from 7 to 8:30 am and 4 to 6 pm.
- Parking is enforced from 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday throughout Evansville. You can likely find free parking at the “Back 40” lot located at 9th Street & Walnut Street, though be sure to double-check signs regulating parking before you leave your car unattended.
- An international driver’s permit is required in addition to your domestic driver’s license in order to drive in Indiana. Together your permit and your license are valid for up to one year.
- The primary toll road of Indiana is the Indiana Toll Road, which parallels the northern border of the state. There are no toll roads in the direct vicinity of Evansville, though a number of bridges that cross the Ohio River throughout the state do charge tolls.
- While the minimum fully licensed driving age in Indiana is 18, you will have to be at least 21 to rent a car. Drivers under the age of 25 are also likely to face young-driver surcharges.
Cheap Car Rental in Evansville
Car hire in Champaign typically starts at around $30 a day, as long as your rental period is over a week long. Shorter-term rentals start around $46 a day. Here are some of the best deals in Evansville:
- Kia Rio (economy class) - $31 per day
- Nissan Note (compact class) - $32 per day
- Toyota Corolla (intermediate class) - $34 per day
- Volkswagen Jetta (standard class) - $35 per day
- Ford Fusion (fullsize class) - $37 per day
Note that prices vary depending on the availability of each specific car and the season in which you rent. For the most accurate offers, use the search bar above.
Tips for Renting a Car Inexpensively in Evansville
For the most availability, book your rental car at the Evansville Airport or in east Evansville, where rental car companies such as Alamo and Hertz compete to provide you the best deals. For shorter-term rentals, be sure to book at the Evansville Airport to get the best deals on your rental car. Alamo and Hertz compete to provide you the lowest prices at the airport, and even though Hertz is also located in east Evansville, their prices are considerably cheaper at the airport.
However, you can save between $20 and $70 a day by extending your rental period to over a week. Longer-term rentals are especially affordable at Hertz, either at their airport or their east Evansville locations.
There is no consistent seasonal change in price for rental cars in Evansville, though prices can rise from $46 to $60 for shorter-term rentals from month to month. Save money by booking your rental car in advance and by planning to extend your stay in Indiana to over a week!